Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Urgent Typhoon H Compass Failure

You won't have visual but you should be testing close to you anyway.

You won't have visual but you should be testing close to you anyway.
Got cha and thanks. I did that. Waited about 5 minutes after connection for everything to stabilize and the GPS warning sound and lights came on immediately. Redid the compass recal 2 more times and still no change. Also did the other re-cals also. Thinking I didn't wait long enough so I'm going to try again today/ Also ordered the module from CDs and should have it Monday. Will keep you-all posted if anything changes over the weekend. Thanks again for all of your help. I couldn't do it without you, including the confidence to replace a part or 2. This one was real easy. Really think Yuneec needs another service center on or near the eat coast.

My experience with Compass Calibration is: You need to complete the calibration in 30 seconds. When I first purchased Typhoon H less than 3 months ago, I must have tried at least 20 times and couldn't get my H compass calibration done correctly. I must have watched all the available YouTube on Compass Calibration but no one said anything about 30 seconds window until I sent the request to Yunee's main website. I was told about 30 seconds rule. I have the calibration done correctly the very first try after I followed the 30 seconds rule. Nothing in the manual said that. I thought I would like to share this information to those who having trouble getting Compass Calibration done correctly.

My experience with several Yuneec copters, H, and Q, has shown the compass cal process gives you 1 minute to complete.

The biggest issue is the plastic clips that hold two pieces of the shell together. I've been tearing apart quads now for three years and find the clip part annoying. Once you've removed the obvious hex head screws that hold the shell together, you want to squeeze the sides gently to pop the clip/hook apart. Some of the videos on installing antennas upgrades have good disassembly instructions. But under warranty on your area is Carolina Dronz I believe and they are great.
Carolina drone does not do warranty work for Yuneec, only Yuneec does that at no charge. They do the work but at a reasonable hourly rare based on the job. They also sell parts reasonably. I ordered my GPS from them and should have it today. Well see. If the new GPS doesn't fix the problem I guess I'll be dealing with Yuneec CS. I'LL let you know.

Carolina drone does not do warranty work for Yuneec, only Yuneec does that at no charge. They do the work but at a reasonable hourly rare based on the job. They also sell parts reasonably. I ordered my GPS from them and should have it today. Well see. If the new GPS doesn't fix the problem I guess I'll be dealing with Yuneec CS. I'LL let you know.

Good luck. Let us know if it comes with new shielding tape. It should....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdvaikTasteofPurity