Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Using a st16+ controller

Im on the phone with yuneec customer service and seeing if they sell refurbished controller. She said the product is so new that most like not. Let see

Yeah just got off the phone with them, and it's a no go. Seriously your telling me the company that probably gets returns from all the crashes doesn't have at least one. Come on yuneec. Incredible

while the rest of the year is a perpetual steam bath punctuated by a few passing storms, okay more than a few.
You forgot to punctuate the alligators. What steam bath is complete without the alligators punctuating it? Come on now, full disclosure please!

• Haha
Reactions: Ty Pilot
Do you guys fly your drone everywhere. I would love to but I'm worried I'm breaking the law. So i always on the outskirts to film. But i would love to record a train or even the city

I fly where and when it is legal to do so.;)I am a 107 and a hobbyist so, depending on which I am doing, I make sure that rule set is followed.

You forgot to punctuate the alligators. What steam bath is complete without the alligators punctuating it? Come on now, full disclosure please!

I won't even go into the exploding Bear population down here, :oops:we had a 450 pounder in our neighborhood two days ago, and I don't live in the sticks.

That is a little like asking how do I become a pilot. ;) Actually there are several threads discussing the topic but I would advise anyone even casually considering getting their 107 Certificate - go to the FAA website and get it (Information) from the horses mouth. It is a very involved subject and there is a lot of hearsay on the internet and due to the fact that many people do not even understand the difference between registering their UAV and being a commercial operator so, many discussions on forums can have false information.

I will say the process of getting a Commercial UAV rating favors the self-starting and intellectually curious minded types that seek to learn, and is brutal to any who are not.

It depends. I found it to be very straight forward and considering the amount of subject matter, it just takes time, and the good thing about taking the exam is that it is on your time schedule so it's not like you have to cram for a college exam. I studied for about two and a half months in the evenings until I knew the material inside and out. YMMV.

It depends. I found it to be very straight forward and considering the amount of subject matter, it just takes time, and the good thing about taking the exam is that it is on your time schedule so it's not like you have to cram for a college exam. I studied for about two and a half months in the evenings until I knew the material inside and out. YMMV.
Thanks for the encouragement

I too had no issues with the Knowledge Exam.....I studied for a couple months from multiple sources, practice exams and preparation guides....until I knew the required subjects and answering was from mastery of the subject rather than memorizing answers. Unless you already possess the base knowledge, (already have a Part 61 License) it will take some effort on your part to acquire it.

It will be time well spent and effort rewarded....not just with a Certificate, but with the knowledge to be a better, more responsible pilot operating an aircraft in the National Airspace System.

I won't even go into the exploding Bear population down here, :oops:we had a 450 pounder in our neighborhood two days ago, and I don't live in the sticks.
So let me see if I have this straight. The only relief for the humid (alligator infested) steam bath is a couple of weeks when it cools down to the 60s. Hum, doesn't seem like enough time to cool off after an eleven and a half month (alligator infested) steam bath, ...I don't know'bout you, but I'm ready to get out of a steam bath with in a hour. Then there are the frequent "Storms" -clearly a euphemism you folks use for hurricanes, which are typically followed by massive flooding. Not to mention the ever present punctuation (punctureazation) by alligators, and now you are telling us there are 450lb exploding bears roaming freely thru the suburbs? Good grief man! :eek:

...Remind me again why Florida is such a great place to live? Seems like all of Florida's dubious "Attributes" cause death!?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Here that @Steve Carr? Better get some batteries changed up, you've got a motivated buyer here!
Been meaning to ask you Steve, do you have evergreens there? Or does he have to wait until the deciduous trees bear leaves?

@DCH , you are just sooooo bad. I’m surprised Steve hasn’t had his trees send messages to those near you to be on the lookout for FrankenPhoon and your H+.

• Haha
Reactions: DCH and Ty Pilot
In all fairness to our illustrative leader, I believe it is in fact the trees - the Trees that hunt Steve's Typhoons. ;) Steve when you get tired of tall frozen Pine Trees with their sticky limbs grabin your Typhoons outta the frigid air, we'd be glad to have you down here where winter is but a period of two weeks when a front pushes the temps during the day way down into the mid sixties, burrrr - while the rest of the year is a perpetual steam bath punctuated by a few passing storms, okay more than a few. The Palm trees down here will bend out of your way should they find they're in your way as you fly by.

It beats the living heck out of cabin fever up in Michaska ?

...and now you are telling us there are 450lb exploding bears roaming freely thru the suburbs? Good grief man! :eek:

Sorry that was a false sighting... was just a couple of those old farts hitting one of the buffets... ?

@DCH , you are just sooooo bad. I’m surprised Steve hasn’t had his trees send messages to those near you to be on the lookout for FrankenPhoon and your H+.
If it pleases the court and the Honorable Judge Doom, I was forced into this role by circumstances beyond my control. Ever since the untimely demise of @thoneter, (a moment of silence please) there has been a void and a conspicuous absence of heckling from the group on certain subjects, so someone has to pick up where he left off. Furthermore, no one else seems to be willing to step up to the plate and knock one out of the park whenever the opportunity presents itself. Heck, even when the opportunity doesn't present itself, some one needs to be ready to make the opportunity and then seize it!!!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33