Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Using a st16+ controller

Reaction score
I recently got a controller for the typhoon h plus. The main purpose was so that i could do team mode. I come to find out that i can't use the st16+ i need a st16s. I don't get it. It looks exactly the same. And the biggest thing is i just want to control the camera with it. So frustrating. And the worst thing is that i can't find a controller at a reasonable price. This just don't make sense. All i want the controller to do is up down side to side. Lol

Looks can be, and are deceiving. It's what's inside that matters, and the two platforms are as different as can be on the inside, both the aircraft and the controller use different flight control programs. You might have to wait until the H Plus/ST16S have been out at least a year before you find a good deal on a used ST16S. Keep your eyes open though they do rarely come up. To date I have only seen two for sale, I bought one.

However there is a ray of hope. Spring is here and that means the snow in Minnesota is starting to melt, and @Steve Carr will be out flying his Plus(s) again. Shouldn't be long before he interfaces with a tree (again) and will have an extra ST16S on his hands. You might even send him a PM and get yourself on the top on the waiting list! Any ST16S you get from Steve is likely to be in excellent shape, he doesn't usually waist any time finding tree tops, so the controller should be in like new condition!

Last edited:
OH! This could get good... definitely following this post!

But on a serious note... Does this mean there are three different controllers out there?

1- Basic ST16 (two external antennas)
2- ST16+ (three ext. antennas)
3- ST16s (no idea on this, but I suspect three ext. antennas)

This is why I keep coming back to this site... I learn so much every time!

• Haha
Reactions: DCH
The 2-antenna and 3-antenna are identical internally. It's an easy mod to convert the 2 to a 3.
The ST16s is much different internally both in hardware and software.

I recently got a controller for the typhoon h plus. The main purpose was so that i could do team mode. I come to find out that i can't use the st16+ i need a st16s. I don't get it. It looks exactly the same. And the biggest thing is i just want to control the camera with it. So frustrating. And the worst thing is that i can't find a controller at a reasonable price. This just don't make sense. All i want the controller to do is up down side to side. Lol
I'm a bit confused. Are you flying an H or an H Plus?

Reactions: danomite24
So you have a standard H controller and and an H Plus controller. Okay got it.
In lieu of team mode you can use the CCC function to control the camera with the right stick just as you would with a second controller.

Reactions: Fred Garvin and DCH
So you have a standard H controller and and an H Plus controller. Okay got it.
In lieu of team mode you can use the CCC function to control the camera with the right stick just as you would with a second controller.
Are you saying i could use that controller to control the camera. I haven't tried it, all i want is to move the camera not fly it

Are you saying i could use that controller to control the camera. I haven't tried it, all i want is to move the camera not fly it

I see confusion on the horizon! Identifying a controller as "That controller" is nebulous and ambiguous in this conversation. Please refer to each controller specifically.

To clarify: Steve is saying you can use the ST16S controller for CCC, and control the camera with the ST16S right joystick -because CCC program is giving flight commands when engage, freeing up the right joystick for camera control. Almost like Team Mode with one ST16S.

There is no application whatsoever for the ST16 with the Typhoon H Plus platform.

I never thought of that. But that going to have to work till someone crashes there drone, lol

I never thought of that. But that going to have to work till someone crashes there drone, lol
Here that @Steve Carr? Better get some batteries changed up, you've got a motivated buyer here!
Been meaning to ask you Steve, do you have evergreens there? Or does he have to wait until the deciduous trees bear leaves?

Reactions: Grumpy and AH-1G
In all fairness to our illustrative leader, I believe it is in fact the trees - the Trees that hunt Steve's Typhoons. ;) Steve when you get tired of tall frozen Pine Trees with their sticky limbs grabin your Typhoons outta the frigid air, we'd be glad to have you down here where winter is but a period of two weeks when a front pushes the temps during the day way down into the mid sixties, burrrr - while the rest of the year is a perpetual steam bath punctuated by a few passing storms, okay more than a few. The Palm trees down here will bend out of your way should they find they're in your way as you fly by.

To the OP, Team mode in all fairness is the ultimate setup to get perfect shots but it does require that another person is on hand and has the necessary skills. There is however (as Steve pointed out) CCC. This is almost as capable as team mode, once you know what to do and how to get the most out of it. Think of it as having the Typhoon fly a pre-planned mission, while you are the camera man operating the camera and gimbal controls from the right stick - just like Team Mode. There are several videos on this subject in the stikies section you may want to look up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss