Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Using CGOET w/st16s and H + CGOET and h520

Reaction score
1st i bought the h520 on the premise it would work with cgoet.
It was put to me it would.

I got a Typhoon H that i know works with the cgoet and hoped it would work with the st16s.

Mind i purchased the h520 and the cgoet specifically for inspection purposes for which i am in need due to a very large contract starting early next year.

Here is what i found out.

Tested today confirmed working st16s with typhoon H and CGOET .

Have to manual bind TO H.
Have NO TELEMETRY
HAVE GIMBAL CONTROL
( PAN AND TILT ONLY).

CONFIRMED WORKING TODAY
H520 ST16S AND CGOET.

HAVE TO MANUAL BIND.
HAVE NO TELEMETRY
HAVE ONLY VIDEO.
NO ON SCREEN CONTROLS WHAT SO EVER WITH DATAPILOT.

Anyone know how to update h520 without camera or cgoet.
Or update H with cgoet and st16s

1st i bought the h520 on the premise it would work with cgoet.
It was put to me it would.

I got a Typhoon H that i know works with the cgoet and hoped it would work with the st16s.

Mind i purchased the h520 and the cgoet specifically for inspection purposes for which i am in need due to a very large contract starting early next year.

Here is what i found out.

Tested today confirmed working st16s with typhoon H and CGOET .

Have to manual bind TO H.
Have NO TELEMETRY
HAVE GIMBAL CONTROL
( PAN AND TILT ONLY).

CONFIRMED WORKING TODAY
H520 ST16S AND CGOET.

HAVE TO MANUAL BIND.
HAVE NO TELEMETRY
HAVE ONLY VIDEO.
NO ON SCREEN CONTROLS WHAT SO EVER WITH DATAPILOT.

Anyone know how to update h520 without camera or cgoet.
Or update H with cgoet and st16s

I think the CGO-Et may need updating... I purchased a new CGO-Et which still had to be updated before it completely work. I have the link to the update but I'm nowhere near my desktop. I'll post it tomorrow evening when I get back home

I have a CGOET for use on my H. It works fine. The 520 needs a firmware update did the Cgoet to work. No word on when it’s coming put.

My ET Cameras also had to be updated prior to working on the H480. even theough they have been updayed the H520 needs an upadte to let you control the camea. Another option might be if you have the ST16 controller and a H480
1) put in the H480n in Team mode with your wizard but have the ET camea installed and turned on on your H520.
2) run your H520 and ST16s binding it also.
3) control the settings and movement of the ET camera via your ST16 controller and the H520 via the ST16S controller in a Two Up Mode.
Once thw H520 is running i na mission plan you should then be able to manually control the ET camera using the second controller. the H520 should fly by itself.

Hope this gets you what you want

Reactions: Ddraiggoch
My ET Cameras also had to be updated prior to working on the H480. even theough they have been updayed the H520 needs an upadte to let you control the camea. Another option might be if you have the ST16 controller and a H480
1) put in the H480n in Team mode with your wizard but have the ET camea installed and turned on on your H520.
2) run your H520 and ST16s binding it also.
3) control the settings and movement of the ET camera via your ST16 controller and the H520 via the ST16S controller in a Two Up Mode.
Once thw H520 is running i na mission plan you should then be able to manually control the ET camera using the second controller. the H520 should fly by itself.

Hope this gets you what you want

Have you had a chance to try this?
Does it work?
OMG!! I am salivating here in anticipation, please answer soon :)

I can't. No h520 anymore.
But I'm hopeful done one else can try this out.

The CGO-ET of the Typhoon H can not be bound with the H520.
The reason is that the architecture at the Typhoon H is 32bit and the H520 is 64bit.
The specifications of the two thermal cameras are identical, but they have different mainboards and different software.
Even if you can receive the image of the CGO-ET, it is not possible to control and effectively use it.
All that remains to be done is to wait until the CGO-ET is available for the H520.

greeting

----------------------------------------------
German translation

Die CGO-ET vom Typhoon H kann nicht mit dem H520 gebunden werden.
Grund ist, dass die Architektur beim Typhoon H 32bit und vom H520 64bit ist.
Die Spezifiktationen der beiden Wärmebildkameras sind identisch, allerdings habe diese verschiedene Mainboards und unterschiedliche Software.
Auch wenn man das Bild der CGO-ET empfangen kann, ist ein Steuern und effektives Nutzen nicht möglich.
Hier bleibt nur abzuwarten, bis die CGO-ET für den H520 verfügbar ist.

Gruß
Fan Tho Mass

The CGO-ET of the Typhoon H can not be bound with the H520.
The reason is that the architecture at the Typhoon H is 32bit and the H520 is 64bit.
The specifications of the two thermal cameras are identical, but they have different mainboards and different software.
Even if you can receive the image of the CGO-ET, it is not possible to control and effectively use it.
All that remains to be done is to wait until the CGO-ET is available for the H520.

greeting

----------------------------------------------
German translation

Die CGO-ET vom Typhoon H kann nicht mit dem H520 gebunden werden.
Grund ist, dass die Architektur beim Typhoon H 32bit und vom H520 64bit ist.
Die Spezifiktationen der beiden Wärmebildkameras sind identisch, allerdings habe diese verschiedene Mainboards und unterschiedliche Software.
Auch wenn man das Bild der CGO-ET empfangen kann, ist ein Steuern und effektives Nutzen nicht möglich.
Hier bleibt nur abzuwarten, bis die CGO-ET für den H520 verfügbar ist.

Gruß
Fan Tho Mass

Thank you for the information Fan Tho Mass and the videos as well ;)

Do you know the specifications of the new camera? sensor? resolution?

So i have a h480 i got with out anything for 200 dollars. Can i use the st16s with the h480 and the cgoet
You could try the manual bind process to link the 2.4GHz control system with the H, if it has the same manual bind as the 520 that is used for non-GPS flight. Not sure if it would work but worth a try.

i have a h520, st16s typhoon h and cgoet. thats all the equipment i have .

i was told the cgoet WOULD work with the 520, your telling me it wont, not even a firmware update will make it work.

i want to know if i can use the st16s with the typhoon h and the cgoet.
i dont want to buy a st16 to use with the cgoet and h

i have a h520, st16s typhoon h and cgoet. thats all the equipment i have .

i was told the cgoet WOULD work with the 520, your telling me it wont, not even a firmware update will make it work.

i want to know if i can use the st16s with the typhoon h and the cgoet.
i dont want to buy a st16 to use with the cgoet and h
No, not saying it will or will not work as that is beyond my knowledge at this time on the system. Hopefully you can get it to go.

Okay.

For what it is worth you can boot up the ST16S and with the CGO-ET installed on the H480 switch it on.

Click the wi-fi symbol and select link management.

Give it a moment and the CGO-ET will show and you can link it.

The pic/s (two camera feeds on it remember) will show bottom left.

Click it and the image switches to the larger screen.

The ST16S still indicates that there is no camera.

There is definitely no bird link.

So, unless you have any other method of linking it, the answer is no :(

I have yet to have the opportunity of trying linking the CGO-ET to the ST16+ and trying the dual control with the camera mounted on the H520 ......... that's a maybe.

Hmmmmmm

Update ......
I mounted the CGO-ET on the H520
Linked to it with the ST16+ which was also linked to a H480 and got the images.
Could only use single mode as no other controller was visible :(
Need top fish out the wizard (which I have never used) and see if that helps in any way for dual control.
Suggestions are welcome.

Yes do a dual mode setup on the h480 first Using the wizard.
Then do the h520.

But I to can confirm CGO-ET is a no go on the H520.
There is a different version out our on its way shortly.

This is very bad news. And very unfortunate.
Also explains why I was able to purchase a couple of ET cameras cheap a few months back. I guess they new what was coming....
I have asked my supplier Yuneec HK to confirm if there will be an upgrade path for people you already have them.
I have not had a response as yet.

Reactions: Ddraiggoch

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval