Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Video Critique

Reaction score
This is one of the first videos I have taken with my new H. It was taken with auto settings. I fail to see the so called "terrible" image quality that I see a lot of people complaing about on this forum. I'd appreciate unbiased thoughts and comments on my video. Thanks, guys!

Reactions: yuneec53
You would have to take your original 4K footage and the DNG photo and upload to someplace like google drive for others to down load so they can view what came out of your camera other then the compressed stuff uploaded to youtube.

This is one of the first videos I have taken with my new H. It was taken with auto settings. I fail to see the so called "terrible" image quality that I see a lot of people complaing about on this forum. I'd appreciate unbiased thoughts and comments on my video. Thanks, guys!
Yea, the video footage I've captured on this thing was always great after only a minute of messing with the camera settings.

You are correct. I'd say probably 90% of Typhoon H owners are perfectly satisfied with the resulting image from the Typhoon H. Those people, however, who have some photography experience, or have flown other drones in the past year, will dispute the camera and video quality.

Your lens looks very good so that's a plus! You filmed at 60 FPS which gives the very video like quality (vice film) which clears up some issues. Your White Balance actually looks not bad but as you can see in your video, the entire image is rather bland. It is just the way the video is, which is the reason most Typhoon H owners film at Sunset and into the sun and post those videos to YouTube, because suddenly there is contrast and depth in the video which you can't achieve at mid day. In addition the Exposure in your video is not correct. Have a look at all the white images in your video and you'll NOT notice any detail. This is because the whites get blown out in all Typhoon H camera videos. You can adjust this, but honestly the camera, like any point and shoot camera, should naturally adjust for this.

As I said at the start of my comments, if YOU are happy with the results you receive from your camera, then you should be happy with that because it works for your intended purpose.

Reactions: yuneec53

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval