Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Video framerates

Reaction score
This might seem a silly question (and apologies if it's been mentioned before, but my search didn't come up with any Typhoon H related hits), but I'm wondering about the frame rates the Typhoon H shoots?

I was about to pull the trigger on ordering until I saw in B&H, one of the Q&A questions about it shooting 24p, to which the answer was no, it only shoots 30 at 4k.. literally all the tech specs I can find in their site, says is that it shoots 4K at 30fps, and HD 120fps.. which I'm sure isn't the case, but the only other thing I've found is on a site selling the CG03+ camera that has framerates and resolution as: UHD 4K 30 FPS, Full HD 1080p 24/25/30/48/50/60/120 FPS

I'm asking you guys as I'd rather hear from someone that actually owns one to confirm than keep searching for specs!

Thanks all :)

This might seem a silly question (and apologies if it's been mentioned before, but my search didn't come up with any Typhoon H related hits), but I'm wondering about the frame rates the Typhoon H shoots?

I was about to pull the trigger on ordering until I saw in B&H, one of the Q&A questions about it shooting 24p, to which the answer was no, it only shoots 30 at 4k.. literally all the tech specs I can find in their site, says is that it shoots 4K at 30fps, and HD 120fps.. which I'm sure isn't the case, but the only other thing I've found is on a site selling the CG03+ camera that has framerates and resolution as: UHD 4K 30 FPS, Full HD 1080p 24/25/30/48/50/60/120 FPS

I'm asking you guys as I'd rather hear from someone that actually owns one to confirm than keep searching for specs!

Thanks all :)
You are correct and who ever posted the earlier part of your post is wrong!

You are correct and who ever posted the earlier part of your post is wrong!

Thanks for the response!

I realized I badly wrote that first post.. symptom of being on the road for a month and exhausted as **** :p

What I really meant to ask is if it does 24fps in 4K or if it's JUST 30p in 4k.. which would be pretty silly, but that seems to be the case from what I can find! That may very well determine my purchase as all the shows I'd use it for want straightup 24p (no slowing down 30p) :-/

Crossing my fingers!..

When I look in the camera options on my CGO3+ equipped Typhoon 4K, I get options for 2 different "4K" video settings. One, is at 24 or 25 fps at a resolution of 4096 x 2160 , and the other option is at 3840 x 2160 with fps choices of 24,25, and 30. Granted I don't have an H, so I don't know if it's the same, but my guess is that it probably is, since it lists the same CGO3+ camera.

Edit: Figured I'd just list all the options as well.

4096 x 2160 @ 24, 25 fps
3840 x 2160 @ 24, 25, 30 fps
2540 x 1440 @ 24, 25, 30 fps
1920 x 1080 @ 24, 25, 30, 48, 50, 60 120 fps

Last edited:
When I look in the camera options on my CGO3+ equipped Typhoon 4K, I get options for 2 different "4K" video settings. One, is at 24 or 25 fps at a resolution of 4096 x 2160 , and the other option is at 3840 x 2160 with fps choices of 24,25, and 30. Granted I don't have an H, so I don't know if it's the same, but my guess is that it probably is, since it lists the same CGO3+ camera.

Edit: Figured I'd just list all the options as well.

4096 x 2160 @ 24, 25 fps
3840 x 2160 @ 24, 25, 30 fps
2540 x 1440 @ 24, 25, 30 fps
1920 x 1080 @ 24, 25, 30, 48, 50, 50 120 fps

That is wonderful.. thank you so much for the post! I can only hope (which is probably a safe assumption) that it'll still do those since it's the CG03+. Hopefully I can procure one for purchase in the next few days and check myself.

Cheers!

Hey Jeremy, as a filmmaker I also had the same question about frame rates when I was deciding which drone to buy. But yes the CGO3+ camera does shoot at 24fps in both true 4K (4096 x 2160) and Ultra HD (3840 x 2160). The only thing is that when you shoot in true 4K the data rate of the videos seem to be lower, which would make post processing harder to do. But when shooting in Ultra HD, and staying in the same video profile, the videos are all between 45mbps to 50mbps.

Hey Jeremy, as a filmmaker I also had the same question about frame rates when I was deciding which drone to buy. But yes the CGO3+ camera does shoot at 24fps in both true 4K (4096 x 2160) and Ultra HD (3840 x 2160). The only thing is that when you shoot in true 4K the data rate of the videos seem to be lower, which would make post processing harder to do. But when shooting in Ultra HD, and staying in the same video profile, the videos are all between 45mbps to 50mbps.

That is excellent info, thank you! Most likely I'd end up shooting UHD anyway since the majority of the shows I do shoot 1.78, so that works just dandy for me!

Any experience with the flat RAW profile and how it handles post manipulation?

That is excellent info, thank you! Most likely I'd end up shooting UHD anyway since the majority of the shows I do shoot 1.78, so that works just dandy for me!

Any experience with the flat RAW profile and how it handles post manipulation?
Sure thing, I’m glad I could help! And I actually just posted a comment a little while ago in another thread about how the RAW profile handles in post manipulation.

Here’s the link:
Typhoon H Camera 100 mbps?

In this discussion I posted a short video sample of some graded CGO3+ footage, as well as showing a before and after screenshot from the video.

Hope this helps!

Sure thing, I’m glad I could help! And I actually just posted a comment a little while ago in another thread about how the RAW profile handles in post manipulation.

Here’s the link:
Typhoon H Camera 100 mbps?

In this discussion I posted a short video sample of some graded CGO3+ footage, as well as showing a before and after screenshot from the video.

Hope this helps!

That's bloody wonderful, thanks for the link! I shall definitely check that out :)

I have a question on what video resolution to use. I do not have any 4K TV's or displays to play 4K video's on. All my TV's are True HD displays. Now, If I record in 4K and play it back on an HD an TV, will my video quality be degraded and look bad because the TV can not process the 4K info there for making the play back choppy or freeze? Will play back be better if I record in full HD so the TV can handle it?

The TV can only display it's maximum. However, you shouldn't see any video issues related to that. Think of it this way - you can hook up a blu-ray DVD player to an older TV, and while you won't get crystal clear picture, you don't see it play worse just because of it. But that does bring the question of how you're playing your files on the TV. If you are relying on a computer to output your files, it's going to come down to how strong a graphics card you have, as opposed to the display. But if you're able to load them on the card and plug directly to your TV, they should play fine, just only at the max resolution your TV can handle, instead of full 4K.

Ok Thanks. I haven't flown my h yet. But with my Q500 I would just take the sd card out of the camera and put it into a usb adapter then plug it into one of the usb ports on the TV. I'm just going to record in 1080P with the H. No sense in wasting space on the sd card recording in 4K if I can't watch it in 4K on the TV.

Most of the population with HD TV's are maxed out at 1080 and very few broadcasting agencies are delivering anything in 4K so unless you have 4K play back equipment there's not a lot to be gained by shooting 4K. However, when shooting stills set the video setting to 4K. You get better stills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, there are more and more people filming in 4K for documentaries on youtube and the like. Also, people that are streaming elsewhere, can decide what resolution to see your footage in. So it would depend on if you want to share with others or if you're just using it for your own playback. I'd say that if processing isn't an issue, I'd shoot it in 4K. It won't really make a difference on your set, and if you decide to upload or share, it's already going to be at max resolution, and then whoever watches your clips will be able to watch it at whichever resolution they choose, as well.

Just my thoughts on that part. That reminds me, I need to pick up better software that supports a 4K output.

I'm still a fan of higher frame rates.. at the moment I get more value from filming at 1080p 60fps than 4K 30fps.

Reactions: ArnhemAnt
yes but the bitrate is very low in full HD

Marnix

It's as good as any other camera of this type, and 60fps makes pans and turns appear much smoother. 30fps is really very clunky and I feel it detracts from a lot of otherwise impressive UAV footage.

It's as good as any other camera of this type, and 60fps makes pans and turns appear much smoother. 30fps is really very clunky and I feel it detracts from a lot of otherwise impressive UAV footage.

No its not "as good as any other camera of this type"

No its not "as good as any other camera of this type"

Perhaps you should (re)watch the FPVGuy video where someone who really does know what they're talking about actually did objective tests on 'cameras of this type'.

Executive summary: For most users the current cameras in the Phantom, Mavic, Autel and Typhoon are pretty much indistinguishable. If you want best quality (without going to a bigger sensor, higher price machine), go with the Autel. It gets you a full stop more dynamic range and matches the Inspire X3 for quality. The difference between the Typhoon and Mavic is half a stop.

Of course you don't fly Typhoons, and you certainly haven't tried the new firmware, so you really wouldn't know would you?

Reactions: JohnL and gwhuntoon

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval