Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Video - I think my H's CGO3+ camera is excellent in low light

RBC

Reaction score
Here is a video clip I took yesterday about 25 minutes after sunset. It was getting darker but there was still enough light to see the H line of sight. I was very impressed with the camera's level of detail in this low light situation. It is blurred when I panned quickly because of the video equivalent of a low shutter speed but never the less I think it is fairly sharp when the H is not moving or panning too quickly. Video was not edited. Just taken off of microSD card and uploaded to YouTube. YouTube compresses video so it loses some sharpness. Original video clip was sharper. I'd like to get opinions from others who watch it, especially from those of you have done any low light photo or video shoots.

Last edited:
Actually much better than I would have thought. What settings did you use?

Actually much better than I would have thought. What settings did you use?

3840x2160F30
Gorgeous
Auto WB
Auto
EV = 0

I could be wrong, but I believe the CGO3+ uses the Auto and EV (exposure value) settings to adjust the ISO and shutter speed of the lens to automatically find the correct exposure, given the fixed aperature of the lens and the amount of available light. When the camera was pointed at the much lighter western sky, the ground under it looked much darker because the exposure was set on the lighter western lit sky. When I lowered the gimbal angle below the horizon of the western lit sky, the ground got much lighter as the exposure was now set on the darker objects rather than the lighter western sky. This shows how well the auto exposure works. It also shows how well the CGO3+ captures the details of the ground, houses, cars, etc., under low light conditions.

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve Carr
3840x2160F30
Gorgeous
Auto WB
Auto
EV = 0

I could be wrong, but I believe the CGO3+ uses the Auto and EV (exposure value) settings to adjust the ISO and shutter speed of the lens to automatically find the correct exposure, given the fixed aperature of the lens and the amount of available light. When the camera was pointed at the much lighter western sky, the ground under it looked much darker because the exposure was set on the lighter western lit sky. When I lowered the gimbal angle below the horizon of the western lit sky, the ground got much lighter as the exposure was now set on the darker objects rather than the lighter western sky. This shows how well the auto exposure works. It also shows how well the CGO2+ captures the details of the ground, houses, cars, etc., under low light conditions.
Nothing wrong with those pictures in any way as regards to showing a North American neighbourhood at night. I might also add as a demonstration video of a particular capability of the H quite superb. I think people on this forum putting up similar examples me included should take note.

RBC nice vid . See you want to see everything at once like me. I almost got dizzy,lol. Thanks keep it up, fly safe.

Here is a video clip I took yesterday about 25 minutes after sunset. It was getting darker but there was still enough light to see the H line of sight. I was very impressed with the camera's level of detail in this low light situation. It is blurred when I panned quickly because of the video equivalent of a low shutter speed but never the less I think it is fairly sharp when the H is not moving or panning too quickly. Video was not edited. Just taken off of microSD card and uploaded to YouTube. YouTube compresses video so it loses some sharpness. Original video clip was sharper. I'd like to get opinions from others who watch it, especially from those of you have done any low light photo or video shoots.

Looks pretty good. On your next test can you try leaving each shot for 30 - 45" or more before moving camera please. The constant changes makes it harder to view properly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval