Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

video jerkiness

Reaction score
Just got my 4k 500. For the first flights I am using a sandisk ultra 32gb card. downloading to my computer the video is jerky, starts and stops. Do I need a different type of card or is the download to my computer the problem? Thanks

.I sent the download to my desktop and played it but it is still the same. ill try the next download differently and see if that helps. Thanks for your help.

Just got my 4k 500. For the first flights I am using a sandisk ultra 32gb card. downloading to my computer the video is jerky, starts and stops. Do I need a different type of card or is the download to my computer the problem? Thanks
Its your p.c., probably cant handle the high res. video. had the same problem with my old laptop. went with a new UHD laptop 16gb ram, nvidia video card, 1 tb hd. the 4k video quality on the new laptop is amazing. in the meantime, you can use a program called mp4 player Download videos from internet up to 5x faster!, they have a player and a converter. take your drone vids and convert them to 1080i or 720p. they should play fine on older p.c.s . be sure to save the original files so you can enjoy the 4k quality when you upgrade your p.c.

I agree with J K F record in a lower resolution and you will be fine. I know it kinda sucks because the new PC didn't come with your Q500.

Thanks for the replies. It is my computer. when I turn down the camera to 1080p 50fps it works with my computer.

Greetings. I'm new to this group and this is my first posting. I'm learning quit a bit from all of you and your posts, so thanks. It's time for me to 'pay it forward' now as I'm learning things. I have had my 'H' for seven days now and have made six flights. Each flight is slightly longer, a little bit higher, and includes learning and practicing more flying skill sets. I'm a former USAF military instructor pilot, so I'm procedural oriented through my aviation upbringing.

I searched for conversations on 'video' because I too have had jerky video with starts and stops. I read your post about using a different SD card, and immediately thought back to an encounter I had only three weeks ago with a Samsung product manager about using a higher quality SD card for the new phones that shoot in 4K. Not only do they need more memory, but as important, if not more important is the read and write speed. I purchased a Samsung microSDXC Pro-Plus 128GB card that reads at 95MB/s and writes at 90MB/s. I switched out the cheapo 16GB SD card that came with the 'H' and shot more video. PROBLEM SOLVED, and I even have a slower laptop that is now six years old. Get a high quality, fast SD card and hopefully, you too will be shooting picture perfect videos. It worked for me. Good luck. Aim high!

Probe (my USAF call sign)Picture0012.JPG

Most likely the computer. Especially if you are recording in 4K mode.
When you upload to youtube.com or somewhere you'll play back and not see as much jerkiness as youtube.com or similar will play it back in 720p or 1024p.

When you play the video on your computer it will play in the native resolution which the video was recorded. That may be too much for the graphics card on the computer or other issues slowing down the video playback.

Of course the video will play well on an Intel i7 quad core processor better than an Intel i5 or i3. If you have an Intel Core Duo or such that is just not powerful enough to render.

If you have an AMD processor and it is not beefy, same issues.

Best to playback the video on the NEWEST computer at your house and see how that goes.

One issue I had with mine (and it does depend on the computer obviously) was that my desktop should have more than enough power to play 4k video back, but was very very poor using my default VLC player app that I go to. But playing back in native Windows Movie Player worked flawlessly. So it might be worth checking in another app/program just to see if there's any improvement there too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval