Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Video loss when landing gear is raised.

Reaction score
Does anyone who has recently upgraded the H's firmware STILL have a a problem loosing video when raising or lowering the landing gear?

I received my H Pro in August and it is still on b22. However, I've not had any problems other than sometimes loosing video when I raise or lower the landing gear.

I'm trying to weigh up the pro's and con's of upgrading.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phil650
Euro firmware. I do, not every time, but frequently.

Last edited:
Mine tends to happen if I don't raise the gear within the first few feet of the ground. But that could just be a coincidence.

It does not happen every time. However, it stops the video recording and I once forgot to restart it after it re-synced and wasted a perfectly good flight.

I also lose video when raising the legs with the E version. There seems to be no cure whether you raise them close to you or further away. Strangely once the video connection is first lost I find it tends not to happen again even if you raise and lower the legs. The difficult part is to remember to start the video recording again after the connection is broken.

Reactions: Merlin
All Europe has the same problem. We must contact the Yuneec. No upgrade did not solve the problem. At least tell us what it is, and if there is a solution.

Why the reduced power in Euro. EU regulations?

Yes they have reduced power regulations. Some countries if caught flying your drone with higher power then whats allowed you can have large fines and even jail time. Holland is really strict for this. It's a roll of the dice if you want higher power.

Although from what I can see it tends to be those using the (A) firmware that are having the most problems.

Can anyone confirm that?

on the ukrcc.org website it states:

2.4GHz band - covers the frequencies from 2.400 to 2.4835GHz providing up to 80 channels with a maximum transmitter power of 100mW erp. Automatic frequency selection (no crystals required).

So using the (A) firmware would seem to be within the regulations.

I also hold a Amateur Radio licence. I wonder if that would make a difference.

I sent an email today to Yuneec Europe, I believe that this is the way you solved problems, even better would be to send them all who have this problem .Only thus would deal with us.
I then wrote them.
I have bought a yuneec typhoon h advance in June and from then until now although I have done all updates to the last released yesterday, I still have problems with disconnecting the camera. This usually occurs when taking off and 15 meters high lift wheels. To solve the problem must Landing and wait to make reconnecting the camera. In ST16 the time of the problems I have no video picture, but I normally have command and telemetry. Also if I step recording, the recording stops
I have tried all possible combinations to avoid the problem, but it remains, which makes me to lost my confidence in the product and think, since there are disconnections at such a distance, what if I want to go far enough
I read in the forum yuneec pilots that those who have European firmware face the same problem.
I would like some answers
1) is the problem known to you;
2. is it a dangerous problem; (Except irritating)
3. If you know, where the problem is coming from;
4. is it possible to solve the problem;
5. If so, when;
6. If not, should we return your purchase we have done because it does not meet the expectations that you have created in us;
sorry but my English is not good.
If the problem were only mine would say something I do not do well or have problem my drone.
I am waiting for your answer.

Stasinakis Sarantos
Hellas (Greece)

Updated to the latest 25E firmware. H is same as before. First operation of legs (with H within 15 yards of the controller) cuts the video for approx 1 30 secs, after that operation of the legs makes no difference, Annoying but manageable.

on the ukrcc.org website it states:

2.4GHz band - covers the frequencies from 2.400 to 2.4835GHz providing up to 80 channels with a maximum transmitter power of 100mW erp. Automatic frequency selection (no crystals required).

So using the (A) firmware would seem to be within the regulations.

I also hold a Amateur Radio licence. I wonder if that would make a difference.
Video in H opatares on 5.8GHz band and here restrictions
OfW 311 - Radio Controlled Models

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval