Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Video Not Recognized!

Reaction score
I have had this happen several times before today, but this is a BIG one, since it was on the road and out of town. I traveled up the Columbia Gorge to video around Beacon Rock. The file is not being recognized as a playable file.

It is listed as YUNOO28.mp4 and is the last file recorded on the trip...This is so frustrating, because this was great footage at the end of the flight of the marina area and boats...How do I keep this from happening!?! Or better yet recover the file?

TIA

TW

You may not have hit the stop record button, before powering off the H.
Power up the ST-16 and H per normal. Start video recording... stop after 5 seconds... power off the H, and check your SD card. Your previous file should be there.

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
Oh THANK YOU SO MUCH! That worked like a charm...I can't tell you how much I appreciate it!

Reactions: Eagle's Eye Video
What @Eagle's Eye Video has said about recovering a video file in the event of not stopping recording before switching the H off is the standard procedure used by the more experienced of us for rescuing the file. Some pilots aren't aware of the procedure and attempt the fix by using a recovery app which (a) usually fails, and (b) usually renders the file unrecoverable using the above method and thus loosing any hope of ever recovering the file.

It is therefore recommended to use the above method before trying any other method. It's easy so why not?

Got it and here is the video. The soundtrack is an original composition written, played and recorded by yours truly.:)

You can see how I screwed up the file at the end of the video, picking it up before I stopped recording...Guess what I won't do again!?

Last edited:
Glad that worked for you... ya had enough stress with this bird already... ;)

Reactions: Texas_Willie
Glad that worked for you... ya had enough stress with this bird already... ;)

Thanks Eagle...What stress? LOL I try to not think about the past and look to the future and hope it all turns out alright (he said with extreme optimism) ;)

...Guess what I won't do again!?
Guess what...you probably will.

And that's not a criticism of you: I've done it on more than one occasion, and I suspect that just about all pilots (if they are honest) have done it at some stage. The real bummer is not starting the video in the first place, I've done that on more than one occasion to...you can recover a file that hasn't been stopped properly (using the above method), but you can't recover a file that never existed in the first place! :mad:

Reactions: Texas_Willie

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smyers