Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

video numbering tip

Reaction score
probably has been posted somewhere but thought I would toss my idea out . I save my videos in separate files on an external drive . I don't name them but simply sort them by location ,etc. The issue I was having would be two files with the same YUN0000023 number . My new system is to empty my sd cards but leave a file there numbered say YUN001000 . The Q will start with numbers sequentially from there and when I shoot at the same location the numbers won't be the same . May help some folks out .

What about naming them for the date? Say you're going out for a run on Feb 12th and 13th, and you prep the SD card by creating a file named 2018-Feb-11. Will it name the first video 2018-Feb-12 to match the actual date?

That's just an example, of course. I mean, who only flies once a day? lol

But you could potentially further customize the video numbering with say 2018-02-12-1 (year, month, day, number of video for that day).

I was not that brave , but give it a try , I actually used a card in a dji rig that had yuneek files on it and the phantom used the next sequential number , I didn't even remember there were files on there no less consider the interaction . Hard to believe .

I have struggled in the past to find a renaming method for camera captured picture and video files from my StealthCAM and various phone cameras, I have attached a 'command' script that can be run under Windows to rename an entire folder of picture/video files. The script uses standard DOS based commands and is attached. It renames files as per the following example from 'YUN_0000023' to 'YUN_20230112-50331PM' (YUN_YYYMMDD-HMMSS AM or PM) Note: the hour does not have a preceding '0' for 1-9 AM or PM. A limitation of the method used, unfortunately. You will need to rename the attached file from '.txt' to '.cmd' to run it after placing a shortcut to it in Windows 'Send-to'. There are comments in the file to help with its use. Feel free to modify it for your own use if needed. Use at your own risk.... Enjoy....

Attachments

• Folder_rename_camera_files-sendto.txt
    5.6 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: DoomMeister

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mathewthomasmt