Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

volatile operations

Reaction score
I have a problem with TYPHOON H. I bought it 1 week ago in Berlin. The fault is already repeated 3 times. It repeats every 2nd start. First start goes well the unit is stable. Further, after a normal landing, I raise up TYPHOON a second time, after some time, the TYPHOON loses control, it moves erratically, describes a small circle. In order not to break it on the tree, I urgently raise it up and even, but TYPHOON is unstable and I'm having a hard time doing very slow landing. After landing, it does not perform management commands. I hold it and not give an opportunity to climb. The rotors rotation powerfully, after some time, the TYPHOON begins executes commands and ST16 rotors stop. Restarting does not help, replace the battery doesn't help. Whom to ask. What should I do? COMPASS ERROR MESSAGE: When the Typhoon and ST16 are powered up, and the Typhoon is sitting on the ground with no motors engaged, I have received the "land in angle mode and calibrate compass" message. Оften loses connection with the GPS.

I have a problem with TYPHOON H. I bought it 1 week ago in Berlin. The fault is already repeated 3 times. It repeats every 2nd start. First start goes well the unit is stable. Further, after a normal landing, I raise up TYPHOON a second time, after some time, the TYPHOON loses control, it moves erratically, describes a small circle. In order not to break it on the tree, I urgently raise it up and even, but TYPHOON is unstable and I'm having a hard time doing very slow landing. After landing, it does not perform management commands. I hold it and not give an opportunity to climb. The rotors rotation powerfully, after some time, the TYPHOON begins executes commands and ST16 rotors stop. Restarting does not help, replace the battery doesn't help. Whom to ask. What should I do? COMPASS ERROR MESSAGE: When the Typhoon and ST16 are powered up, and the Typhoon is sitting on the ground with no motors engaged, I have received the "land in angle mode and calibrate compass" message. Оften loses connection with the GPS.
CALIBRATE COMPASS !

Reactions: Brian Mackey
After you install the latest software compass error is shown constantly! unconnectedly CALIBRATE or not

You should always CALIBRATE? Before each launch? And the need to orient TYPHOOON always in the same direction?

You should always CALIBRATE? Before each launch? And the need to orient TYPHOOON always in the same direction?
You should not have to calibrate the compass more than once. Some people who have had the compass error problem have found that facing the H to the North reduced the problem but did not eliminate it completely.
You should contact Yuneec and discuss this with them.

Make sure you are in angle mode or pilot mode should I say. Calibrate your Compass at least once. Also calibrate the accelorometor .

My experience after firmware updated the H don't hover stable, it keep flying forward, and was unable to land, when touch the ground it will flip over, and need to recalibrate the compass and accelerometer
the problem solved

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
You should not have to calibrate the compass more than once. Some people who have had the compass error problem have found that facing the H to the North reduced the problem but did not eliminate it completely.

Yuneec did not responded me to official mail. How to contact them?

Make sure you are in angle mode or pilot mode should I say. Calibrate your Compass at least once. Also calibrate the accelorometor .
I did Calibrate in angle mode. But error Calibrate compass appears on the 2nd flight accurately and sometimes immediately after Calibratation.

My experience after firmware updated the H don't hover stable, it keep flying forward, and was unable to land, when touch the ground it will flick over, and need to recalibrate the compass and accelerator the problem solved

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

How do I to recalibrate the compass and accelerator? I make according to instructions and there is no result.

Yes that's right what I'm doing. It will be controllable the stable flight. But after the 2 nd a raising message is displayed:
And the I will have to calibrated by again and again. Because the message will appear permanently. what should I do?

IMG_5394.JPG

DC is correct compass calibration and the accelerometor are all done by the lights on the typhoon H you have 30 seconds to calibrate the compass and do not touch or move the accelerometer until you see the lights turn

I haven't once calibrated since getting my h. Never had any probs at all, so I won't be rushing to do it. If it ain't broke why try to fix it..

Sorry but i do always a compas calibration facing north. I'm used to do it with myu DJI Phantom 3 an never had a problem. I dit it with my Yuneec Q500+ until sold it. I do it now with my H and i've now flown 12 flights without any problem and also with the latest firmware.

Marnix

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval