Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Warning Re: Switching from Non GPS to GPS w/ new firmware

I have now switched from GPS to no gps and back and forth, during flight, many times now with no issues. Be careful with the speed. I was racing downwind yesterday, got up to over 60mph and rising when I flew right into the sun. Lost the H completely. Got it out of the sun but it was so far gone. Switched GPS back on and flew home like a scared baby in smart mode. Whew, that was a little scary.

Reactions: abinder
I'm sorry to say that I just had a crash, switching from no gps to gps, very similar to the original post. Flight without gps was fine, as there was no wind. It was in turtle mode, very low speed and about 3 meters altitude. When I switched to gps on, after maybe 10 seconds it flew forward at high speed about 20-30 meters into a tree. During the movement, it didn't respond to any input. Lots of damage to the craft.

I'm sorry to say that I just had a crash, switching from no gps to gps, very similar to the original post. Flight without gps was fine, as there was no wind. It was in turtle mode, very low speed and about 3 meters altitude. When I switched to gps on, after maybe 10 seconds it flew forward at high speed about 20-30 meters into a tree. During the movement, it didn't respond to any input. Lots of damage to the craft.
Sorry to hear about the mishap...although I did not crash it is interesting to hear that someone else had a similar experience...I wonder what makes our H's behave differently from others. I will try and sort it out in a large open field with three different H's including an H Pro to see if behavior is similar. Thanks for posting and again I'm sorry to hear about the crash.

Mickeyboo your my hero :)
I need to get a job like yours LOL
Hey I want to try your sharpen commands...where do you live? I live off grants, photography, video and lately some
benevolent drone dealers...know anyone who wants to buy 8 DJI Phantoms? Stay well lad and be careful of Putin.

Hey I want to try your sharpen commands...where do you live? I live off grants, photography, video and lately some
benevolent drone dealers...know anyone who wants to buy 8 DJI Phantoms? Stay well lad and be careful of Putin.

LOL
Always enjoy your videos and your insight on these cameras.

LOL
Always enjoy your videos and your insight on these cameras.
I greatly enjoyed your sharpening tip but I'm afraid I'm too lame to figure out how to actually apply it to the camera.
How for example do I actually interface the H / Camera to the command...I realize you said you don't own one yet
but I would like to try it the way you did on an older model...

I've switched between the modes many times without issues, HOWEVER recently I saw a glitch. Upon switching back to GPS it suddenly took off but it responded to stick input so I was able to immediately stop it and it was stable/flew fine afterwards. I tested many times again right after the incident while still airborne and no issues. Very strange.

When it glitched were you guys flying lower alititude? I think there's a chance that maybe some glitch with the GPS at low altitude close to the ground makes it take off. I've never seen this happen at normal altitude at least 30ft up.

Ipad or android open up the WiFi settings when the CGO3+ is on and connect to it just like you would if your using the CGO3 camera app. Once connected open a web browser and type in this in the address bar.
http://192.168.42.1/cgi-bin/cgi?CMD=GET_SHARPNESS

You should get a reply back stating where your cameras sharpness is. (0-10)

If that worked with the CGO3+ you can now use this command to send what ever sharpness level you want. (0-10) simply by changing the number at the end.

http://192.168.42.1/cgi-bin/cgi?CMD=SET_SHARPNESS&value=0

http://192.168.42.1/cgi-bin/cgi?CMD=SET_SHARPNESS&value=5

http://192.168.42.1/cgi-bin/cgi?CMD=SET_SHARPNESS&value=10

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Snagglesworth
I've switched between the modes many times without issues, HOWEVER recently I saw a glitch. Upon switching back to GPS it suddenly took off but it responded to stick input so I was able to immediately stop it and it was stable/flew fine afterwards. I tested many times again right after the incident while still airborne and no issues. Very strange.

When it glitched were you guys flying lower alititude? I think there's a chance that maybe some glitch with the GPS at low altitude close to the ground makes it take off. I've never seen this happen at normal altitude at least 30ft up.
I'm glad you mentioned height after reading about his height and recognizing that it was about the same as mine 9 or 10 feet off the ground) I thought that was certainly one thing we had in common and perhaps the only thing besides there being no wind which probably did not matter. I will try different heights.

Ipad or android open up the WiFi settings when the CGO3+ is on and connect to it just like you would if your using the CGO3 camera app. Once connected open a web browser and type in this in the address bar.
http://192.168.42.1/cgi-bin/cgi?CMD=GET_SHARPNESS

You should get a reply back stating where your cameras sharpness is. (0-10)

If that worked with the CGO3+ you can now use this command to send what ever sharpness level you want. (0-10) simply by changing the number at the end.

http://192.168.42.1/cgi-bin/cgi?CMD=SET_SHARPNESS&value=0

http://192.168.42.1/cgi-bin/cgi?CMD=SET_SHARPNESS&value=5

http://192.168.42.1/cgi-bin/cgi?CMD=SET_SHARPNESS&value=10

Hope this helps.
Many Thanks!

Many Thanks!

If you give it a try let us know if it still works with the CGO3+. There might be a IP address change with the CGO3+ compared to the older CGO3's but any network scanner should be able to pick it up if you know what your doing :)

Here's a video of the GPS issue when disabling GPS in flight. I have had no GPS issues until this flight. It's like when GPS was enabled the H darted to a random or previous position rather than the current position.

My advice is if you disable GPS in flight do not enable it until after you land and rearm.

I hope they address it soon because the H is a good flyer without GPS.

On one of my H's it behaved normally, on the one I reported about at the beginning of this thread it still acts abnormally regarding when switching back to GPS it temporarily increases speed dramatically for about 40 ft. The only difference in set-up between the two is the one which doesn't fly normally has a long range antenna...not sure issue is arising from that...my Pro H was defective so I've sent it back and could not test it. I will switch back to stock antenna and see if it still does it.

Mickeyboo, does it do that consistently or have you observed it only once? Which antenna are you using?

Here's a video of the GPS issue when disabling GPS in flight. I have had no GPS issues until this flight. It's like when GPS was enabled the H darted to a random or previous position rather than the current position.

My advice is if you disable GPS in flight do not enable it until after you land and rearm.

robbi, you're a good pilot. Since you have both an H and P4, if you get a chance do a comparison of hovering at say 50 ft. in high wind and see which one results in more stable video results. I have both and despite what BS and others claim, the H (with good GPS fix) is way better at getting stable video in high winds.

robbi, you're a good pilot. Since you have both an H and P4, if you get a chance do a comparison of hovering at say 50 ft. in high wind and see which one results in more stable video results. I have both and despite what BS and others claim, the H (with good GPS fix) is way better at getting stable video in high winds.

You got it. I think I cleaned up a little BS over there today:)

This was exactly my experience. The H moved itself about 25 meters at 4 oclock heading , relative to me facing the bird. In my case I was facing north, so the movement was about at a 150 degrees heading. I have stock antennas.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawchef