Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Watch Me Mode, Wizard Operation, Geofence Interactions?

Reaction score
So I took my Typhoon H out for a test drive with the Wizard today while longboarding and it was amazing. The video footage is awesome, it avoided obstacles like a world class champion and I am very pleased.

However, I did notice that when I picked up some speed and outpaced the H for a short distance, it maintained that distance from me. When I started the flight/ride, for the first 300m or so (until I got to about 20kph) it was quite close (maybe 10m). My geofence was set at default (91m). My questions follow:

1. If I tighten the geofence down to say 20m, will the H follow me more closely/speed up quickly to catch me?

2. At what point will the drone speed up to catch up to the user once it's been left behind?

3. As I understand it the operating range of the Wizard is about 100m. What happens when this barrier is breached because the H is avoiding an obstacle while the user continues onward?

I could experiment and find the answer for myself, but I would prefer to avoid a fly-away or something else equally heartbreaking. I know I should keep tabs on the drone's distance from me and I did/do, so no nonsense replies related to that please.

According to Yuneec documentation, the geo fencing only functions when in Smart mode. How that might relate to the Wizard when using it I do not know.

Right, watch me mode is only available in smart mode, hence the question about the geofence interaction. I don't think it will matter whether I am using the ST16 or the Wizard for my first 2 questions. The third question regarding what may happen to the drone in the event of a Wizard communications disconnect is ominous (at least to me). I suppose I will just have to gather my own data for now, 1m at a time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio