Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Watch me with wand

Reaction score
So this is one of the videos I did the other day and I encountered a dip at 1:07 that nearly shaved the camera off the typhoon.

Last time I experienced a dip like this was when I had it chasing my car at 45mph and it was only 6' of the ground to start. It dipped to 6" above the ground before I commanded it up.

In this video I had the wand a phone and the skateboard control in my hands...i was one hand short. Does it matter it which direction the wand in pointing while the h is following you in smart mode ??

I actually had it poiting down as it dipped but I wasn't pressing any buttons .

Let me know about your wand experiences in smart mode .

By the way I'm really happy with the performance of the drone and the video.

The altitude hold is dependent on the barometric altimeter which is a rather rough sensor. It is far from accurate on any aircraft. In your video you are counting on it to maintain a narrow margin of a few feet which is outside the realistic capabilities of this type of instrument. Wind and temperature affect the sensor. When you switched directions the wind appears much stronger so you could anticipate some change in altitude. Raise it up another 10' to be on the safe side.

Reactions: Rayray
Wow, that was a close call! Very cool though. How fast is that skate board?

Something to think about. If GPS is being used, depending on the flight mode, which I believe is Angle when in Follow, the H has a limited top speed because of GPS usage. If the speed of the object being followed exceeds the max speed of the flight mode the H may try to trade altitude to obtain more air speed and descend. Not saying such occurred in your case, but it can happen.

I would say pointing the remote down could cause an issue, as the GPS antenna is located in the top of the remote, if it lost sats and reported a change in your position the H could be trying to keep up. Is it possible you can try another pass with the remote pointing up the whole time, maybe in armband or on clip?

I haven't used a Wizard yet, although I have two of them. Doesn't the wand direct the H based on the position the wand is held? If held pointed downwards might it be directing the H down as well? That skate board moves out pretty well.

I haven't used a Wizard yet, although I have two of them. Doesn't the wand direct the H based on the position the wand is held? If held pointed downwards might it be directing the H down as well? That skate board moves out pretty well.

Point and fly is one of the features of the wand, you press and hold the center button while pointing to where you want the H to go. I am not sure if that is only in smart mode or angle, but I am sure the GPS antenna is on the top of the wand I think it is even printed on it. I am wondering if that GPS antenna is as sensitive as the one in the H it might have lose quite a few sats and sent out some bad data to the H. Be cool if the OP can test the same shoot while holding remote upright.

Great video demonstration. Did you have the Altitude Follow function function activated? This would cause the H to descend when you lower you lower the Wizard..

Spent three battarires getting aquianted (or whatever the right verb may be) with the 'magic wand'.

Cool thingie!

Ralphy, cool video.

The GPS sensor is on the top of the Wizard, on that surface it says "GPS-This side up". I usually clip mine to my shirt pocket.

As Steve pointed out, put the TH at 20' or higher before you start in Smart Mode. RS will not prevent running into the ground when traveling laterally.

One of the 2-button combos will put the TH into altitude adjustment, so that when you travel up or down the craft will know it. Hope you have better luck memorizing all the Wizard commands than I have.

Keep the great videos coming.

I was always afraid to use the Obstacle Avoidance because of lack of confidence. Then I said to myself: "Self, be a Man". So I did this yesterday. I feel so relieved and say "Let's don It again somewhere".

Steve Edwards

That is funny! You're lucky the neighbors didn't call the Funny Farm.:eek:
Will you put it in the Pic/Video section? More members will see it that way.

Regardless of funny, it demos RealSense in action. Remember to keep the Wizard GPS up...:):)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio