Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Water Landing

Reaction score
Drone submerged for 30 minutes before retrieved! Dried carefully for 4 days prior to attempting to power up again! Installed battery and lights all lot normal for about 20 seconds the off completely
Tried charging battery.......only to receive constant blinking blue light
Unnoticed better is very swollen! Does anyone know if investing in a new battery is wise or do I assume the whole drone is shot....anyone with a wet drone in the past?

Well.....Hence my username......didnt know there were any fuses!
Don't get me wrong....im very " mechanically minded"! I van fix anything except a broken heart! I am an air condition , refrigeration technician for 31 years now.....very new to the drone scene. But more importantly.....when I plugged the battery back in for the first time, today.....all lights on drone came on in what seemed like a " normal start up sequence" for aboit 20 secs and then all blank....pretty sure it is because the battery is shorted out(according to my volt meter, and the fact it is so swollen ...it had to be forced into the drone or the charger

Drone submerged for 30 minutes before retrieved! Dried carefully for 4 days prior to attempting to power up again! Installed battery and lights all lot normal for about 20 seconds the off completely
Tried charging battery.......only to receive constant blinking blue light
Unnoticed better is very swollen! Does anyone know if investing in a new battery is wise or do I assume the whole drone is shot....anyone with a wet drone in the past?
There have been a few posted in the forum and it is usually not a good outcome. Do you have the equipent and skills to make a wire harness to connect 12VDC to the Breeze? small spade connectors should allow you to attach to the contacts in the battery compartment. With this you could see if the drone will power up and be able to connect to the phone and give you good status icons for battery level, IRS, Flow sensor, GPS, etc. If those are good a new battery could then work.

The battery that took a swim should probably be discarded. If it has swelling where it doesn't easily slide in and out of the battery compartment it should be soaked in saltwater for 48 hours then recycled or thrown in the trash.

Just saw your latest post. the polarity on the battery and drone is the vertical contact is positive and the outermost horizontal contact is negative. If there are any fuses they will be surface mounted chips on the circuit board.

Awesome information . I was just about to ask about polarity as yes, I have any and everything and the skills to preform the test. I have a volt meter and experience working on circuit boards ....to include milivolts as needed. Don't know if the drone requires such!

Awesome information . I was just about to ask about polarity as yes, I have any and everything and the skills to preform the test. I have a volt meter and experience working on circuit boards ....to include milivolts as needed. Don't know if the drone requires such

Once you make up the cables with female spade connectors on the end and get them on the terminals inside the Breeze you can apply power from a 12VDC supply like a car battery. If you have it you could place a 5A fuse inline on either wire for a bit of safety.

Once you are ready to power on the Breeze follow the Help checklist in this thread starting with step two. How To: Troubleshoot the Breeze and Request Help in the Forum It should let you know if it is worth getting another battery.

Be sure to let us know what the results are.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430