Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon went for a swim. Advice Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this your drone?

I experienced a similar accident.
If drying has no effect, which I doubt since you saw smoke, I suspect a mainboard replacement is the best option.
You can do it yourself like I did. Will save you a lot of cash and shipping fees.
Heres my tutorial on how to do it.
Good work on the video. I also like your setup for testing the motors.

Reactions: Crazy Crow
Sort of interesting that had he been registered, which I doubt he was, he might have been tracked down that way as well. Brings up a good point, I wonder what percentage of people are actually registered with the FAA? Personally I'd be surprised if it was more than 25% of hobby operators.

So is going to use the toothpaste he found to brush his teeth after dinner?o_O:eek::rolleyes:

SO????? Any updates on this? Did you get your drone back up in the air?

My Typhoon H decided to bounce up with a mind of it's own after landing; flip; and walk it's way into a fresh water lake. I pulled it from the water fully submerged in less than 3 seconds; electrons are faster than 3 seconds; I know... Smoke was coming from the battery compartment; most likely some of ESCs on the mother broad. I have contacted Vertigo (they have been AWESOME every time I have gone to them) they suggested replacing the motherboard. They mentioned that they flight controller broad might be bad too; but is not something available on the market.

So here is the dilemma; questions; debate...

I cannot confirm if the camera is OK or any other electric parts of the drone. Now that it is completely dry can I try to power it up and see what works and what doesn't without fear of frying more components?

If anything other than the mother board needs to be replaced; i.e. the camera; flight controller; the cost of the repair starts to out be more than a new base unit.

Thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions?
Oh, maybe you can bring it to maintenance worker, he can repair it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss