Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!
Added new Attachment 25 SD Card Upgrade/Downgrade H Plus Firmware
Revision 47 2020-03-14
Introduction: This document describes the method to perform an H Plus firmware upgrade or downgrade using SD Cards only. These instructions use Build 822 as the example Build. All file names and numbers are associated with Build 822. The general process is the same for other builds, but may require a different source for the necessary files. Not all builds include all components included in Build 822.

Attachments

• SD Card Upgrade Attachment.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 45
This document is a compilation of MEMBER GENERATED INFORMATION. The accuracy of all information is limited to the observations and interpretations of the contributing member(s). Errors may be present. It is the responsibility of the user to evaluate the information prior to use.

The intent is to provide a resource for issues related to our hobby. If you have any guidelines, drawings or useful information, please post in this thread. You will be given credit for the information. Material covered by copyright will not generally be useable. However, links to the original information generally will be. Links to YouTube videos you found informative may be useable. Use of all links to external media must conform to Forum Guidelines.

Date of latest revision: 03/14/2020
Great, very tks

Attachments

• ST16 Controller GPS Check.pdf
    811.5 KB · Views: 24
Added new Attachment 36 (ST16 Switch Spacer):
It is fairly common for the top part of any ST16 toggle switch assembly to pull out of the switch case. The retaining nut, when combined with the support tube around the switch shaft (internal to the ST16) and the supports for the button board itself, create a stress on the bradded joint. Damage can occur during tightening of the retainer nut, or may occur later if the stressed joint is bumped. Switch damage can be avoided by adding a spacer to relieve the stress on the bradded joint. The drawings below are not to scale, but illustrate the vulnerability and the remedy.
ST16 Switch Spacer2.png

Reactions: h-elsner
I have purchased a new cgo3+ camera and I am not getting any power to it or red or blue lights on the camera as well. What could I do to get power to the camera?

Thank you

You might want to look at Attachment 19 (CGo3+ Stuck Mount Contacts) first. It's the easiest thing to check, and accounts for a fair percentage of the failures.
If that isn't the issue, then look at Attachment 54 (Typhoon H / CG03+ Continuity). It shows the path all the way from the drone mainboard to the slipring connector on the camera gimbal board. Most problems are a blown "K" fuse on the mainboard, a loose connector on the backside of the drone's "hotshoe", the stuck springs on the hot shoe you checked in Attachment 19, or a damaged slip ring. But other things do happen.
You mentioned this is a new camera. If the old camera has power, you don't have to check the things on the drone, and can start at the top of the camera mount.

You might want to look at Attachment 19 (CGo3+ Stuck Mount Contacts) first. It's the easiest thing to check, and accounts for a fair percentage of the failures.
If that isn't the issue, then look at Attachment 54 (Typhoon H / CG03+ Continuity). It shows the path all the way from the drone mainboard to the slipring connector on the camera gimbal board. Most problems are a blown "K" fuse on the mainboard, a loose connector on the backside of the drone's "hotshoe", the stuck springs on the hot shoe you checked in Attachment 19, or a damaged slip ring. But other things do happen.
You mentioned this is a new camera. If the old camera has power, you don't have to check the things on the drone, and can start at the top of the camera mount.

Thank you for the reply back. I have checked the contacts and are are good and new. If it is the K fuse that is bad how do I replace it or fix it? I will take the cover off and check it today. If I get no cont. to/through the K fuse,is it replaceable or repairable. Again I know a little about electronics but not a great deal.

Thanks again for your help and support.

Ron

Attachment 53 (Typhoon H “K” Fuse) shows the location on the board, the dimensions, the fuse number in both US and Metric. "K" is just the standard fuse code for "1.5 Amps". The fuse size is a 1206 in US measurement, and a 3216 in metric system. Soldering the new fuse on is a little tight, but most have been successful.
You will probably be thinking about soldering a jumper across the fuse. Think hard. It's worked for some. For a couple, it turned a 15 cent repair job into a new mainboard replacement.
A couple guys did a little extra soldering, and soldered in a standard automotive type fuse holder from the local automotive parts store. That seems to work well.

This document is a compilation of MEMBER GENERATED INFORMATION. The accuracy of all information is limited to the observations and interpretations of the contributing member(s). Errors may be present. It is the responsibility of the user to evaluate the information prior to use.

The intent is to provide a resource for issues related to our hobby. If you have any guidelines, drawings or useful information, please post in this thread. You will be given credit for the information. Material covered by copyright will not generally be useable. However, links to the original information generally will be. Links to YouTube videos you found informative may be useable. Use of all links to external media must conform to Forum Guidelines.

NOTE: Once you are in the document, scroll down the MENU to find the Attachment you need. Click on either the Attachment Title or Attachment Number, and it will take you to the actual Attachment.

Date of latest revision: 06/29/2020
Ok I’ll check now and let you know, thanks a lot for the support

Cannot open, like last time, download unsuccessful....?

OK had to log in via pc not mobile, found page attachment 53 ...omg 12.06 volts at 32ohms current ?.

64 million dollar question were can I buy 2x of.

Fuses arrived 8 days ago, did replacement OK but only got to fly it yesterday due to bad weather.

Had 1 problem did some great video on the beach but went to copy them to pc but they got corrupted but the st 16+ has copies but I cannot move or copy them, have tried to find the Bluetooth settings but cannot find it.

Any ideas as there on the interior memory not the sd card ?...

T

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop