Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

We Made It! Typhoon-H On FAA Approved Section 333 List!

Reaction score
The Yuneec Typhoon H was added to the latest list of, "Approved Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) Make/Model under Section 333" which came out today.

Regulations.gov

If you operate your drone strictly as a hobby, this makes no difference, but if you intend to operate commercially in the States, this is what we've been waiting for. Don't forget, you must also have a Section 333 exemption and a applicable COA from your local FSDO, and of course fly safely and legally as you must with a hobby drone (line of sight, under 400', etc.) to make money with your drone.

I just registered mine. Disappointed not to have a regular N-Number like a manned aircraft, but online registration beats the expected 6-8 weeks for that.

Reactions: Capt. Crunch
The Yuneec Typhoon H was added to the latest list of, "Approved Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) Make/Model under Section 333" which came out today.

Regulations.gov

If you operate your drone strictly as a hobby, this makes no difference, but if you intend to operate commercially in the States, this is what we've been waiting for. Don't forget, you must also have a Section 333 exemption and a applicable COA from your local FSDO, and of course fly safely and legally as you must with a hobby drone (line of sight, under 400', etc.) to make money with your drone.

I just registered mine. Disappointed not to have a regular N-Number like a manned aircraft, but online registration beats the expected 6-8 weeks for that.
Yeah, but if you have a 333 already, how long is the massive what to get it 333 cleared on my 333 is the question ! Another 6 months ?

Yeah, but if you have a 333 already, how long is the massive what to get it 333 cleared on my 333 is the question ! Another 6 months ?
DroneClone,
My 333, written late march of this year, states that I am authorized to operate any UAS on the list, when weighing less than 55 pounds including payload. I don't need to re-apply. Was your Section 333 written before the change was made?

DC, I believe you are good to go. You kinda get grandfathered in. Not like an N number registration. What a pain that was when I had my Gyro Copter.
I registered my H the day I received it.
I am now trying to work with my local FAA office to get a one time waiver for a 1500 foot Alt flight. The guy I need to talk to is on vacation till next week. Many at the local FAA offices are a bit clueless to 333 and a COA, although they thought it was a great idea when I outlined what I wanted to do. I would actually like to do it at their facility, who knows may educate them some too. Public still does not understand "drones" other than ones used in military and police forces.
I do not intend to fly for profit (so far), but I do want to make a educational video that would better show why 400' altitude is more than enough for everyday hobby filming.

Reactions: DroneClone
DroneClone,
My 333, written late march of this year, states that I am authorized to operate any UAS on the list, when weighing less than 55 pounds including payload. I don't need to re-apply. Was your Section 333 written before the change was made?
Got mine in Feb 2016, not sure, dont recall reading that, thought it specifically was stated granted for P3P ?

DC, I believe you are good to go. You kinda get grandfathered in. Not like an N number registration. What a pain that was when I had my Gyro Copter.
I registered my H the day I received it.
I am now trying to work with my local FAA office to get a one time waiver for a 1500 foot Alt flight. The guy I need to talk to is on vacation till next week. Many at the local FAA offices are a bit clueless to 333 and a COA, although they thought it was a great idea when I outlined what I wanted to do. I would actually like to do it at their facility, who knows may educate them some too. Public still does not understand "drones" other than ones used in military and police forces.
I do not intend to fly for profit (so far), but I do want to make a educational video that would better show why 400' altitude is more than enough for everyday hobby filming.
Thanks Bob ! I have the 333 but it states for P3P, but I guess all the could do is slap my hand! LOL ! I am going to call my local chapter and see

Does the 333 allow you to fly commercially? Are there any examples out there for filling out the petition?

Does the 333 allow you to fly commercially? Are there any examples out there for filling out the petition?

You still need to have a pilot's license and a COA for the particular job, but yes, a Section 333 exemption is required to fly commercially.

Go to: Section 333

There's a link to the petitions granted, I read a few and tweaked them to my personal situation and my petition was granted in a mere 6 months.

Regulations.gov

You can get a tail number. I bought three of them. Only $10 each.

How long did that process take for you?
6-7 months for me and most ! I'd wait because FAA is coming with a 107 which is quicker and easier, but you know them, could be a month or a year? You can get a 333 and use commercial, if you don't have a minimum sports pilots license, you can someone who does fly yours for you under "your" 333

6-7 months for me and most ! I'd wait because FAA is coming with a 107 which is quicker and easier, but you know them, could be a month or a year? You can get a 333 and use commercial, if you don't have a minimum sports pilots license, you can someone who does fly yours for you under "your" 333
we're talking about the tail number

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval