Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

we want - RealSense.. RealSense.. RealSense

Real sense is going to be overrated it will be a cool feature though but with my H I have everything I already want except for maybe down facing sonar

Real sense is going to be overrated it will be a cool feature though but with my H I have everything I already want except for maybe down facing sonar

Hey you found your way! Glad to have you. I totally agree, it's usefulness will be extremely few and far between for me and I'd imagine the same would be true of others. Since I'm pretty confident I won't be buying the module I've even started considering whether to sell the Wizard on eBay or not.

I like the wizard a lot actually because if I'm on a four-wheeler or jet ski or something different like that it's really usable but other than that I will rarely use the wizard honestly it's just really neat I would definitely trade it for an extra battery though LOL

Reactions: Dezzzy.D
I'm looking forward to real sense,it's going to be interesting having both sonic avoidance which is great for night use,combined with the Sense.Im sure it will trump Dji avoidance in the long run.

Reactions: HarveyC
Cheers buddy.
Getting conflicting stories (really?) from importers here and exporters in HK. Locals say that originally Yuneec said pay 10% up front and you go to the front of the queue for release. They were then told "units available" so replied "OK let's have them" & we're then told "When you've paid in total!" Sounds fishy to me, but why would the importers make that up?

Last edited:
Sounds more than fishy and more like bull ****! I am with you, Real Sense ! Just get everyone their H's and leave the Real Sense for the boys, I really don't have need for it, or Obstacle Avoidance, as I don't plan to fly around Pole Dancers while I am flying in my line of work. But, If that turns you on ! better start TWHC over on Intels site:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris McMillan
Seriously....
You want Real Sense?
There's plenty of people in Australia that'd agree with me.....
I'd be really ecstatic just to get a Typhoon H...!
Be grateful for what you've got.
I HOPE YOU'RE MONITORING THIS YUNEEC!
Yes I do,I don't plan on taking mine to the park and play around with it and take pictures.I will use real sense as soon as you can get it,and where I fly the extra added protection will be nice.The cgo3 will be taken off quickly and replaced with one of the IR cameras available and eventually extr lighting.I have other plans for it,whether you scoff or not now,I'm sure later when you see my setup you'll be impressed.and I'm very thankful for what I'm getting by Friday at the very latest,I ordered on 3-15 and just found out last week my delivery date of 6-22,so luckily I was able to find one for the standard U.S. Price.

Seriously....
You want Real Sense?
There's plenty of people in Australia that'd agree with me.....
I'd be really ecstatic just to get a Typhoon H...!
Be grateful for what you've got.
I HOPE YOU'RE MONITORING THIS YUNEEC!
Yea, or even try sending some units to CANADA... not that far from the US really... like literally next door. :)

Reactions: Dey and Cristian
For those long time waiters…Who KNOW the drill. Yuneec just announced Real Sense will be available in TWO WEEKS ----- So, set you calendars for September ;)

Any projected date they have stated I would throw out the window at this point. Just home they make it to market with Real Sense ---- One of the primary reasons why I bought the H. Home the price is closer to $200 then $400 as originally projected.

Reactions: Tecneek
For those long time waiters…Who KNOW the drill. Yuneec just announced Real Sense will be available in TWO WEEKS ----- So, set you calendars for September ;)

Any projected date they have stated I would throw out the window at this point. Just home they make it to market with Real Sense ---- One of the primary reasons why I bought the H. Home the price is closer to $200 then $400 as originally projected.

Source?

Reactions: DroneClone

It's an attempt at humor…. There is no news, that I have seen, on the release of the Real Sense module. Yuneec was tight lipped or told us "two weeks" on the H since the scheduled April 1st release… Most of us started getting the H the week of May 16th --- Mine is due 5/26…..

So, once they announce Real Sense release…. Don't expect it to arrive too quickly.

Reactions: Cristian
Sounds more than fishy and more like bull ****! I am with you, Real Sense ! Just get everyone their H's and leave the Real Sense for the boys, I really don't have need for it, or Obstacle Avoidance, as I don't plan to fly around Pole Dancers while I am flying in my line of work. But, If that turns you on ! better start TWHC over on Intels site:rolleyes:
Real Sense ! all you need is common sense that's the best obstacle avoidance system you could have. :cool:

Hi humboldt,
Maybe I should have emphasised the "now" part of "I want my Real sense - now", posted earlier..... I was just pointing out some people are demanding the extras from Yuneec before lesser mortals have even received their aircraft.... And I still haven't!
Imagine my delight when I read of some in the US who have actually been sent a 2nd unit when the first failed. The whole distribution network stinks as far as I'm concerned.

Reactions: Brent D
I am also not sure if I will really get the RealSense into my Typhoon H, which is still on the way.
As far as I know, the RealSense setup shown at CES 2015 was what’s called “2D” sensing. It’s akin to having one eye. You can see, but like a one-eyed man, you’re not capturing the depth or precision that you do with two eyes. Under strong light, RealSense is only able to detect out to a distance of seven to eight meters, and its depth map is unavailable. Since most people fly drones outdoors, though, RealSense has opted for light sensors instead of a dual-camera, stereo-vision system. That limits its abilities in strong-light situations.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval