Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Well... Life happened

Reaction score
I have been largely absent from the forum in recent months. I've had a number of unexpected life events occur and my pursuit of drone-based happiness has been put on the back burner. I have been taking care of my parent who is in the later stages of Alzheimer's and dealing with the dementia, regressive episodes and general misery that comes with it, as well as supporting my wife who has MS, and contributing as I can to her own Mother's well being as she is battling leukemia.

Needless to say the past few months have been a pretty much non-stop whooping, but I wouldn't want to trust anyone else to do it and i am glad that I am able to. I decided that I would rather close up shop on my drone-based real estate photography business than half-a** it and not keep up the standards that I created in the first place. I will be selling my website soon and will put all of my equipment up for sale as time permits.

I have a H920+ kit I've had up for a sale for a while now, but being on the road constantly and out of the country has prevented me from following through with several interested parties - so for anyone who has tried to contact me about please accept my apologies. I will probably keep my Typhoon H and let everything else go, since it's the best combination of fun and practicality and not so difficult to fly with as checked luggage.

I greatly appreciate the camaraderie and sense of belonging that I have enjoyed here - I believe that the people make a forum either good or bad, and this forum is populated by quite a few most excellent people who are always willing to help. This crowd is above average by far. When the dust settles I would like to return to flying for fun and profit, but for now it is an indulgence that i just can't justify in the face of greater needs.

Thanks to everyone for being great friends and neighbors.

Chef

Please continue to frequent the forum when you have time. Have been where you are and at the other side of your task... you will have the blessing of knowing you did all you could, to take care of them when they needed you.

I totally empathize with you and can only say dealing with three things like that at once you are a hero among men. May God grant you strength of heart, mind, and soul and peace at the end of each day to face tomorrow.

Hope you can pop in every once in awhile and touch base. We have missed you here.

All the best to you, Chef, one day at a time.

If you can’t find a moment to jump in once in awhile, please know your kind words are not in vain. I trust the community you found here will keep you and yours in our respective thoughts, hoping for the best.

Hope you do manage to keep flying your H, and will be back soon.

All the best,

Jeff

One can never imagine how demanding it gets taking care of someone that is sick. It takes a special person to deal with more than one.... there are not words to describe it. Take it a day at a time and in time things will get easier and you will enjoy things like flying even more

I have been largely absent from the forum in recent months. I've had a number of unexpected life events occur and my pursuit of drone-based happiness has been put on the back burner. I have been taking care of my parent who is in the later stages of Alzheimer's and dealing with the dementia, regressive episodes and general misery that comes with it, as well as supporting my wife who has MS, and contributing as I can to her own Mother's well being as she is battling leukemia.

Thanks to everyone for being great friends and neighbors.

Chef
I completely understand, my Mother-n-law and my dad had Alzheimer. I took care of them both and it wasn't easy.
I will keep you and your family in my prayers, that God will give you strength during these trying times.

I also understand. My Mom passed from stage 4 lung cancer. My wife and I took care of her for the last 18 months. She hated being a bother but... she was my Mom! Everything else was put onto the back burner during this period. This is time that can never be replaced, but neither can the people we love. I did get to fulfill her one wish. She had never been to Mexico and always wanted to. While I had no real interest, I told her I also had wanted to and took her for a week to an all inclusive resort in Puerto Vallarta. That is time I will always treasure.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval