Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

what are these in back of landing gear?

Reaction score
Suffered my first crash resulting in one broken arm. Watched a few vids on how to replace and none of them showed this part when removing landing gear. What are these tubular pieces that mount behind the landing gear attachment point? They appear to be in the way of removing landing gear and are tethered by what looks like a tiny braided cable that disappears under the bottom cover. It seems they need to come off before the gear will but I'm not able to visualize how. Appreciate any input!IMG_6297.JPG IMG_6296.JPG IMG_6296.JPG

Yup, just plastic guide tubes for the antenna wires. Each is held in by 2 small torx screws. If you look closely you can see the antenna wire coming out of the H board and being guided into each tube.

Thanks.... so the wires just pull out of the tubes when you take the screws out to pull the landing gear?
It seems, despite what 2 videos I watched said, I didn't need to remove landing gear at all anyway. Just needed to remove top cover to replace arm. That's fine by me :), but now I know about the antennae in the event I do need to get landing gear off. Thanks again!

The same two screws that hold the tube in place are also the gear motor housing mounting screws. The legs are not left or right nor are those tubes. The wire is not attached to any part of the tube. The legs pull out easily without any cover removal. Be careful when reassembling not to pinch the antenna wires as you insert the leg motor back in place and seat it fully. The tubes slide back over the wires easily and again, check to be sure the wires are not pinched by the screw and tube frame when you tighten the screws.

It’s a good idea to check check your H with the GUI post any crash and repair before testing flight.

Reactions: Murray Martz
Thanks Craig.... duh... what's the GUI post? I'm starting another thread due to another issue I've discovered..... think I'll call it "vertical slop in arm".

Thanks Craig.... duh... what's the GUI post? I'm starting another thread due to another issue I've discovered..... think I'll call it "vertical slop in arm".
Pre and post. Pre being before, post being after the fact. Post crash, use the GUI. It allows you to connect the H to a PC to look for issues.
Here is the link to the GUI download from Yuneec's site.
Downloads Typhoon H

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacuzi