Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

What chargeing system for the typhoon h plus?

Reaction score
Hey all,,well iam still new to the brand of chargers avb to charge my packs (typhoon h plus)
Iam using the stock packs that came with it..(Yuneec power 4p 5250mAH)
The charger that came with is ok but,,its only a single pack charger and takes to long to charge..
I have a I charger and a 2000w power supply and thinking maybe I could get different leads to use my charger?
I would like to be able to charge both packs at 2C if they can handle it...
Any ideas on what charger/bal. I should use? ty for any input!
like to know what your using!

I have a I charger and a 2000w power supply and thinking maybe I could get different leads to use my charger?
I would like to be able to charge both packs at 2C if they can handle it...
The batteries for your H Plus are LiHV which is a higher voltage than Lipo. You would need to check your charger to see if has a setting for the HV batteries.
They can be safely charged at 1C or perhaps a bit higher, but I would not recommend 2C. At 1C they should charge in about 40 min.

There a few later model chargers that have the option to charge LiHV batteries. The Venom Duo Pro works well. You will need the battery adapters to use an aftermarket charger. The EV-PEAK DY5 is a dedicated charger for the H Plus and H520 batteries. It does not need an adapter and will charge and discharge the batteries.

There are a ton of conversations on chargers on this site. One thing to keep in mind is that while the batteries in the PLUS are LiPo, they are LiHv or Lithium High Voltage. You will need a charger that is compatible with this type of cell. There are aftermarket charge leads - do a search for Typhoon H 520 Balance charge leads. Also the max charge rate for these batteries is rated at 1C, going any higher could damage them. At 1C they will charge in around 35 to 40 minutes depending high depleted they were.
I currently Use the older Hitex X2 AC Plus which has an updated version that will do 2 batteries at a time and others are using Yuneec's DY5

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alvaro