Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

What do you think? Did I get scammed?

Wow! PayPal Buyer Protection should have dealt with this.
Agreed. There is some red tape here that they are not clarifying. They decided on my behalf once, then suddenly closed it and started it over. Someone behind the scenes screwed up apparently. I've been on Ebay since the very beginning, twenty + years later and this is the worst scam I have seen. It's not even safe to buy from sellers with long term perfect feedback now.

Always use PayPal for eBay purchases, that way you have double buyer protection. I have been a member of both since they both started. I have literally over 20,000 transactions and never got bitten once. The 2 or 3 times there was ever a problem, PayPal (now owned by eBay) took care of it immediately.
They take care of it now but back when they did not. I've been scammed twice on 920 purchases on Ebay using PayPal.

There are still may ways to cheat the Ebay/Paypal system.

I honestly mean no offense, so please read this with understanding and compassion, but if I were in your situation---having eBay protection--I'd ask myself "why get worked up about this?"

If the seller sounded sincere, give him/her a chance to make it right. It's very possible he was selling a power adapter and a drone at the same time. Maybe not...but maybe...and if you've done your due diligence, why assume the worst and involve the police when you haven't let things run their course, nor engaged/utilized your eBay protection?

I really think the developed world is unjustifiably becoming less and less patient while also becoming more and more ill-disposed. Sure, there are a few scammers here and there, but most people are just doing the best they can with the brains given to them. And they go on short trips sometimes and they let people fill in for them. And life happens. When things go wrong, it's not always the conspiracy some of us might think it is.

By the way---six days later---, curious minds would like to know where this all stands. Any news?

I honestly mean no offense, so please read this with understanding and compassion, but if I were in your situation---having eBay protection--I'd ask myself "why get worked up about this?"

If the seller sounded sincere, give him/her a chance to make it right. It's very possible he was selling a power adapter and a drone at the same time. Maybe not...but maybe...and if you've done your due diligence, why assume the worst and involve the police when you haven't let things run their course, nor engaged/utilized your eBay protection?

I really think the developed world is unjustifiably becoming less and less patient while also becoming more and more ill-disposed. Sure, there are a few scammers here and there, but most people are just doing the best they can with the brains given to them. And they go on short trips sometimes and they let people fill in for them. And life happens. When things go wrong, it's not always the conspiracy some of us might think it is.

By the way---six days later---, curious minds would like to know where this all stands. Any news?

Show me a hole in your pocket the size of $1200 then ask yourself that question. Furthermore Ebay protection is sketchy at best. It has been well over a week now and every single Ebay rep (in India no less) has told me something different. Friday am I was told it would take 15 minutes to receive a return shipping label - and it is insult to injury that I have to return this piece of garbage to get my money back - the other buyers all received similar garbage, no one received what they ordered. So an hour passed and no label. So I called back and another rep told me it would take 24-48 hours to generate a return label. They could not explain why a previous rep told me it would take fifteen minutes. I called back this morning and Ebay's rep told me it would be FIVE MORE DAYS. So, no - you are very much incorrect - Ebay buyer protection does not always correct the problem. Also if someone has plainly wronged you, why be so soft and passive? I am not a victim class and I will not be. Business is business. If I weren't compassionate I wouldn't have given him a chance to make it right - which he did not. As a seller you accept all the responsibility that comes with it. Why should someone commit a crime and not be punished? My sense of right and wrong is intact and I make no excuses or apologies. If I found myself in a situation where I had wronged someone, intentionally or not I would make it right no matter what - that's the way I was raised and I don't think it is too much to ask. And no, there are not a few scammers out there, there are millions. Several people on Ebay have reported this same scammer and they are selling items on Ebay as I am typing this.

I am not impatient or ill-disposed - I stand my ground.

As the actual account holder indicated he didn’t sell the product and had no idea what was being sold by someone he allowed to use his account for a piece of the action he clearly indicated he was knowingly participating in a fraudulent act. If someone can’t open or refuses to open an account of their own and needs to use an account belonging to someone else to make a sale a common fool would recognize serious issues are present with the person selling stuff on the sly. The person named on the account owns all the responsibility. Pretty sure he can be prosecuted under wire fraud regulations, which is something I would already be pursuing.

The sale was intended to defraud buyers. No mercy is warranted or should be given. If e-bay is permitting accounts to be shared without providing buyer protection perhaps some avenue of recourse is available there.

Reactions: thoneter
As the actual account holder indicated he didn’t sell the product and had no idea what was being sold by someone he allowed to use his account for a piece of the action he clearly indicated he was knowingly participating in a fraudulent act. If someone can’t open or refuses to open an account of their own and needs to use an account belonging to someone else to make a sale a common fool would recognize serious issues are present with the person selling stuff on the sly. The person named on the account owns all the responsibility. Pretty sure he can be prosecuted under wire fraud regulations, which is something I would already be pursuing.

The sale was intended to defraud buyers. No mercy is warranted or should be given. If e-bay is permitting accounts to be shared without providing buyer protection perhaps some avenue of recourse is available there.

Patr you are correct in all forms - this seller was especially facilitated to scam people because he has long-term good feedback, which is what people commonly associate with a safe transaction. I have been compiling his messages, including ones where he openly admitted that his account was used to defraud buyers from different states, so he faces charges in each state. I have drafted letters to the AG in both states and been in touch with the respective police offices. If I just let him slide he would continue defrauding people - which thanks to Ebay he still is to this moment until they do something about it. At first I thought someone had hijacked an inactive account as WTFDProject has suggested, but as it turns out this is indeed the seller who holds the account. Personally I think he's got the monkey on his back and he's feeding a habit or he owes someone money that will not take no for an answer - 'concrete shoes' kinda thing - but either way it's on him. Ebay has yet again today told me that the case is finalized in my favor and a refund is pending - but they told me that twice already so only time will tell. Regardless of whether I get my money from him or Ebay, he's going to jail and possibly prison.

I don't live in a peachy-keen world of sunshine and rainbow colored sparkly unicorn farts where everyone gets a trophy for a minimum effort and no one is held accountable for their actions and all is forgiven - I live in the real world where fist meets face and boot meets a**.

Ebay has yet again today told me that the case is finalized in my favor and a refund is pending - but they told me that twice already so only time will tell.

And in the meantime they(seller and eBay) have their hands on your money. Not cool!
I agree with you 100%, don’t take it lying down. If all you say about defrauding several others as well as yourself pans out, he needs a monkey on his back. Of the striped clothing (orange nowadays) variety.

Hey @Chefinthesky, wondering how this H920 fiasco turned out. Is it going to be quick, or will it drag out?

After hearing about your experience, I have been sweating bullets for a week after buying the H plus for $1200 from the guy with 0 feedback. At first I was excited and relieved to see it shipped out the same day. Then you posted this thread about being scammed and my confidence evaporated. So ever since then I have been nervously waiting to see if the package that was sent is actually the H Plus, or a wall wart.

Good news and Bad. It arrived at the post office Saturday, but I didn't get in there in time to sign for it, missed it by minutes (Major bummer of biblical proportion:mad:) so I still don't know. Small town post office where everybody knows everybody, ...I could hear someone in the back so I asked about its size. The Voice behind the wall said "It's pretty big", So I'm starting to think is indeed the H Plus.

Trouble is, I can't convince the carnivorous Butterflies in my stomach to relax until Monday morning, they are eating me up from the inside out!

Last edited:
Hey @Chefinthesky, wondering how this H920 fiasco turned out. Is it going to be quick, or will it drag out?

After hearing about your experience, I have been sweating bullets for a week after buying the H plus for $1200 from the guy with 0 feedback. At first I was excited and relieved to see it shipped out the same day. Then you posted this thread about being scammed and my confidence evaporated. So ever since then I have been nervously waiting to see if the package that was sent is actually the H Plus, or a wall wart.

Good news and Bad. It arrived at the post office Saturday, but I didn't get in there in time to sign for it, missed it by minutes (Major bummer of biblical proportion:mad:) so I still don't know. Small town post office whereeverybody knows everybody, ...I could hear someone in the back so I asked about its size. The Voice behind the wall said "It's pretty big", So I'm starting to think is indeed the H Plus.

Trouble is, I can't convince the carnivorous Butterflies in my stomach to relax until Monday morning, they are eating me up from the inside out!

Should have slipped him $20 to open up and let you sign for it right then. ;)

Would have beat sweating bullets all weekend. Hope you deal turns out well.

Reactions: DCH
Should have slipped him $20 to open up and let you sign for it right then. ;)
He has been gracious enough to do that for me before in a similar situation without the 20 buck$, it was Satrurday again, PO just closed, and there was a Copperdog tray waiting for me, and was as excited as a little kid. I was expecting a key for a parcel locker, but got a yellow call tag instread. I literally said "Are you F***in' kiddin' me?" out loud, not knowing there was someone still on the other side.:oops: ...This voice from the other side (literally and metaphorically) says "What box number?", I answer and moments later I have it in my hands. However there was no signature involved for that one. The system was closed out for the day yesterday so he couldn't officially record my signature.

Last edited:
He has been gracious enough to do that for me before in a similar situation without the 20 buck$, it was Satrurday again, PO just closed, and there was a Copperdog tray waiting for me, and was as excited as a little kid. I was expecting a key for a parcel locker, but got a yellow call tag instread. I literally said "Are F***in' kiddin' me?" out loud, not knowing there was someone still on the other side.:oops: ...This voice from the other side (literally and metaphorically) says "What box number?", I answer and moments later I have it in my hands. However there was no signature involved for that one. The system was closed out for the day yesterday so he couldn't officially record my signature.

We are definitely in the digital age, no more pen and paper signatures, just touchpad scribbles:confused:

The complete 920+ kit would be two boxes. One very large with the 920 and a smaller one with a hand held Pro Action gimbal. At $1200.00, if you bought both you got a helluva deal.

he complete 920+ kit would be two boxes. One very large with the 920 and a smaller one with a hand held Pro Action gimbal. At $1200.00, if you bought both you got a helluva deal.

There are two different birds involved in two different purchases. Allow me to clarify here. @Chefinthesky and I were eying the same H Plus on fleabay for $1200, from a seller with 0 feedback. Cause for hesitation. $1200 is a darn good deal for a "barely used" TH Plus so I took a chance (relying on buyer protection) and pulled the trigger first. Meanwhile @Chefinthesky posts this thread based on a H920 purchase that went bad.

The TH Plus comes in one big box, so hopefully the Voice from the other side was foretelling good news for my future.....

P.S. I'm not surprised you can't spell d*** on the site, like above in a darn good deal, but why can't you spell the word d-a-m on here? How do ya spread the emergency warning when the D*** D** breaks?

Last edited:
Sorry DCH, I don’t know how I turned an H Plus into a 920, but I did. I hope you end up pleasantly excited after your post office visit today.

Last edited:
Reactions: DCH
Sorry DCH, I don’t know how I turned an H Plus into a 920, but I did.
It's called Alchemy, and you did an amazing job! And so fast too, very impressive.
Now I want you to turn my H Plus into a 920 for me when it gets here! Oh this is going to be awesome, I can hardly wait! Just tell me what I need to do to get it ready for the transformation?
...Gee, if that goes well, I've got an old VW I'd like you to turn into a classic Porsche!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval