Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

What is this?

Reaction score
Doing some maintenance on the H520 and was looking in the battery bay and saw this white connector. Anyone know what it is and where is should be? It looks incorrectly placed. Thanks for the help in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_9547.jpg
    IMG_9547.jpg
    606.9 KB · Views: 23
The RealSense connection is pre-installed and lies as dead-end wire beneath the landing gear servo. At Typhoon H too and I think also inside the H Plus.
It was pre-installed to makes it easier to add a RealSense module.

The connector has 6 wires: 2 Ground, 2 +5V (5V rail procted by a fuse), 2 data bus.
For me it is fine as 5V source for external improvements (i.e. analog FPV camera).

br HE

Last edited:
I also wondered about this unused connection. Could this connection receive commands from the ST16s remote to operate accessories, i.e. turn on-off anti-collision lights?

Could this connection receive commands from the ST16s remote to operate accessories, i.e. turn on-off anti-collision lights?
Yes and no. There is a data connection but the drones firmware is made to communicate to a Realsense module, nothing else. If you want to use this connection for other purposes then you need to rewrite the firmware on the motherboard to get another functionality. This is, puhh ... higher sophisticated work.

br HE

Read somewhere the communucation inside the Yuneec drones is arranged in CAN bus style.

If this is true, catch some messages isn't an impossible mission.

Schematic diagram as a first step will be welcome.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop