Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

What is wrong with my video ?

Reaction score
I don't know why my video recording is stubbling when I yaw around or turn the camera 360°. I show it in a you tube movie and the test is as next : Go a little bit up and yaw slowley while recording . then I go a little bit higer and do the same with only turning the camera ( drone hangs still ) . the setting is 1080 x 60FS , automatic setting and a ND8 filter .
see movie :

What software did you render you video in?
What kind of SD card are you using. It might not be fast enough.
Is this the first time it has happened?
What about a different resolution and FPS, does it still do it?

it's directley how it was recorderd with the cgo3+. i never had this before . I allways record on 1080 x 60 fps. SD card is a samsung 64gb EVO plus it's a UHS class 3.
I only change filters because of weather conditions , but it was a sunny day so I used ND8.

Hmm
My only suggestion is to try a different card. They sometimes break down. If you don't have a extra card try doing a good format on it. Almost seems like it is not writing fast enough to the card.
Thats about all I can suggest.

Upgrade your play back equipment. You video does not demonstrate any issues at this end aside for the wow effects of a wide angle lens being panned to fast.

Last edited:
Upgrade your play back equipment. You video does not demonstrate any issues at this end.
watching it from you tube I can see it jumping a bit. Not as smooth as it should be from what I can see.

OK, shifting from a phone to a laptop to watch it I can see it now. The SD card is too slow. Either slow down the pan speed or get a better SD card with a much higher write speed. Bear in mind the CGO-3 camera has some limits having a max bit rate of 50Mb/s so regardless of the card used it's possible to over load it with data using fast pan rotation.

Last edited:
Reactions: KEITH KUHN
To me it looks like the video is trying to catch up every so often but hey I drank 12 beers last night so my vision might be off :)

the card is brand new , has a read of 100Mb/sec and a write of 60mb/s . Is that a slow card ? I don't think so ..

it's directley how it was recorderd with the cgo3+. i never had this before . I allways record on 1080 x 60 fps. SD card is a samsung 64gb EVO plus it's a UHS class 3.
I only change filters because of weather conditions , but it was a sunny day so I used ND8.

PERHAPS ARE YOU SEEING PROPELLER SHADOW ?
LIKE PAT SAID MAYBE PANNING TOO FAST.
LOOKED LIKE THE DRONE WAS DANCING
AROUND A BIT.
KEITH

OK, shifting from a phone to a laptop to watch it I can see it now. The SD card is too slow. Either slow down the pan speed or get a better SD card with a much higher write speed. Bear in mind the CGO-3 camera has some limits having a max bit rate of 50Mb/s so regardless of the card used it's possible to over load it with data using fast pan rotation.

I AM WITH YOU ON HIS PANNING.
KEITH

There are three main reasons why one can see stuttering in a video...particularly when you are panning of moving sideways close to the ground.
1. Playback devices just not up to it. This can be under powered computers, etc.;
2. an SD card that simply doesn't have a fast enough write speed;
3. in a video rendered using certain video editors.

If your problem is caused by points one or three then the remedy can be quite an expensive one since the solution could involve investing in a better computer or drastically upgrading your present one. Note though that if it is point three that's the cause, then that can sometimes be put right by changing your video editor. I had this problem when using Davinci Resolve. My computer just didn't have the guts to run it properly so I changed to an editor called Filmora and now I don't have that problem.

If it's point two that is your problem then that is often the cheapest thing to address: To get a good enough 32 Gig SD card in the U.K., for example, would cost around £30.00. Good SD cards to avoid stuttering should have a U3 rating.

With a write speed greater than 80mb/s. Preferably greater than 90mb/s.
Yes, Even though the max bit rate of 50Mb/s from the camera would suggest that a card with a write speed of 60Mb/s would be good enough...it isn't. 60Mb/s would denote it's maximum write speed but it's average write speed could well be less that 50MB/s or even down towards 40Mb/s depending on the make of card!

Yes, Even though the max bit rate of 50Mb/s from the camera would suggest that a card with a write speed of 60Mb/s would be good enough...it isn't. 60Mb/s would denote it's maximum write speed but it's average write speed could well be less that 50MB/s or even down towards 40Mb/s depending on the make of card!

Walmart sells 32g U3 SD cards for below $30.00. You need 90Mb/s and that’s only reliable on a card rated as U3. I’ve never had any issues with SanDisk media and they actually sell two styles of U3 cards you can find at Best Buy. One is always on sale but they create confusion with packaging and labeling one a “pixtor” card . You will see the specs are identical and one week the regular U3 card is going for 32.00 area and the pixtor is $75.00. Come back a week later and it’s all swapped around and the pixtor is cheaper. I keep a spare in my wallet and every kit has a back up in case of field problems.

One last factor not mentioned is the SD card holder on the camera is very poorly mounted and I always double check the card is fully seated. I’ve had SD card not installed show up when the card was in fact there. A patient pop out and pop back in gets it back.

this is the day after . same drone , same sd card same test , no filter , 1080 x60fps

this is the day after . same drone , same sd card same test , no filter , 1080 x60fps

So maybe seating or oxidation at contacts in card reader/writer in camera? Look at the card pins? Any darkness? You can use a #2 pencil eraser and rub clean those contacts on the card and squirt a little deox into the slot.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss