Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

What software, to plan a CCC mission?

Hi Everyone, I'm sorry to say that I have no choice but to return my Typhoon H.

I purchased mine from BUYDIG.COM. It was an open box and according to BUYDIG's policy an open box is a new item that has been checked by their technical staff to insure that everything is fully functional.

I picked up the H last Friday and when I opened the box, there were thee broken props and the rest still had dirt on them. I could not even test fly the H because I didn't have all the appropriate props to fly it. I also found a number of telemetry data dating back to Dec 2016, which told me that this was not a new H.

I tried everything except beg BUYDIG to replace it, or send me new props and replace the two used batteries with new ones; none of which they agreed to. The only thing that they are willing to do is to have me send it back for a full refund.

I would really like to keep it, but without any props I can't even test it and confirm that there isn't anything wrong with it.

They really give me no options or an alternative solution. This is all to say that I'm returning it tomorrow and most likely not buying another one.

I would like to thank all of you who took the time to help me out during this short journey. I wish you all well and safe flying.

Depending on how good the deal was, I would just but a set of new props.

I looked at another Open Box deal at BuyDig, and it does say all sales are final so I say you are getting off pretty lucky if they are willing to accept it as a return

Caveat Emptor

Last edited:
It was $1,090.00 USD for the H w/ Intel RealSense, 2 batteries, back pack and wand. My concern is what happens if there's something is wrong it when I eventually get the props and try it out?

So about $400 less than brand new. What does a set of props cost? Then you'd find out whether or not it is defective and THEN if it is defective, Buy Dig will take it back, no? And all that it would have cost you was the price of a set of props that I am sure you could sell to get some of your money back

The problem is that BUYDIG only offers one RMA, which they did automatically without even asking me if I wanted to return it. You make a good point, and I've thought about it over and over for the past few days. If they are willing to cancel this one and allow me to test it than I would seriously insider keeping it to give it a chance.

Reactions: KellyR
The problem is that BUYDIG only offers one RMA, which they did automatically without even asking me if I wanted to return it. You make a good point, and I've thought about it over and over for the past few days. If they are willing to cancel this one and allow me to test it than I would seriously insider keeping it to give it a chance.

Nah. I wouldnt cancel the RMA (unless you are required to send it back in a matter of time that would not allow you to get the new props) I would get the new props. Test everything and if it still appears defective, use the RMA that you already have

I only have 15 days to get it to them as of today, after which the RMA is no longer valid. I'm a little short on time. I'm heading off on a business trip this Saturday and I won't have enough time to go out and buy a set and fly it. I will ask to see if they can cancel it based on me buying my own props and trying it out and allowing me to return if I find something wrong with it.

• Sad
Nah. I wouldnt cancel the RMA (unless you are required to send it back in a matter of time that would not allow you to get the new props) I would get the new props. Test everything and if it still appears defective, use the RMA that you already have

Just wanted to let you know that I'm back in the Yuneec game. I managed to get BUYDIG to cancel my RMA with the option that they will still issue me one in the event that I find something wrong with it. I now have 45 days from the day I purchased it to return it if I find something wrong (8 Sept)

I just ordered a full set of prop from Amazon that will be arriving this Friday. I'm hoping I have time early Saturday morning for a quick test flight before I head out of town in the afternoon.

I'm must say that I am a little nervous!

Congrats.
If this is your first drone, I would suggest not even trying to fly the H just yet. Go buy a cheap $30-$40 quadcopter and learn with that first. The H is pretty easy to fly, but there is still a learning curve. The cheap quadcopter can help teach how to control it and give you muscle memory for different orientations

It's definitely not my first drone. I've owned a DJI P3A and I currently own a 3DR Solo and a GoPro Karma.

I'm only nervous because of the circumstances!

Hello,
There is a big problem with H MISSION PLANER, you can not give negative values to go down a mountain valley.
This program only allows to fly in plain.
It is not usable as such.

¡Hola! ¿Puedes hacer planes de vuelo fotogramétricos? por ejemplo, defina un polígono del área de estudio, altura, superposición longitudinal y transversal, etc. Gracias!

Hello! Can you make photogrammetric flight plans? for example define a polygon of the study area, height, longitudinal and transverse overlap etc?

Thank you
Eddison

Hello! Can you make photogrammetric flight plans? for example define a polygon of the study area, height, longitudinal and transverse overlap etc?

Thank you
Eddison
Photogrammetry is very easy to do on the H520 using DataPilot. The Typhoon H can be programmed to fly a route using the Curved Cable Cam facility and assuming waypoints are not in a straight line, flies in a curve through the points. This great for smooth video and better than anything else out there, but makes photogrammetry difficult to programme. It can be done, but many more waypoints are need to ensure the Typhoon flies in the straight lines normally required and you'd have to carefully adjust the points manually to ensure consistent overlap. Really you'd be much better off with the H520.

Photogrammetry is very easy to do on the H520 using DataPilot. The Typhoon H can be programmed to fly a route using the Curved Cable Cam facility and assuming waypoints are not in a straight line, flies in a curve through the points. This great for smooth video and better than anything else out there, but makes photogrammetry difficult to programme. It can be done, but many more waypoints are need to ensure the Typhoon flies in the straight lines normally required and you'd have to carefully adjust the points manually to ensure consistent overlap. Really you'd be much better off with the H520.

Hello, thank you very much for your answer, I just saw the drone h520, but the price is quite high with reference to others. Only the h90 camera is worth more than 1000 euros without the Drone. I was looking for a more comfortable option in price and I saw that the Yuneec H Pro is at a very good price! Thank you

The H520 and E90 camera are capable of very high quality photogrammetry and will do it easily and without issue. If you are looking for professional quality and charging at professional prices, it's the machine to choose.

Last edited:
The H520 and E90 camera are capable of very high quality photogrammetry and will do it easily and without issue. If you are looking for professional quality and charging professional prices, it's the machine to choose.

Hola, muchas gracias!

Saludos

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis