Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

What to do if landing gear won't pull up?

It sounds like the update was the cause of the problem. I'd be contacting Yuneec to cover the cost of the repair. They are a decent company. Provide them a link to this post as it shows some of us with the same issue. My worry was that I'd be forced to kill the motors at about 15 feet to try and catch it. Def need to get that parachute project of mine started now. I've seen a lot of them online, but the price is just plain silly. They are playing off of the fear of others. I would bet there is a cheaper way to do it using Arduino.

The landing gear retracts have cast aluminum pinions that move the gear up and down via a brass bar on a screw within the retract module. I've found that these pinions are very very brittle and if cracked to begin with, they will jamb. Your pressure on the leg most likely finished it off -- from cracked - to broken. If the unit is new -- absolutely call Yuneec. I suspect they will provide new retract modules. (yes they sell for 29.99 each and are a "snap" (sorry) to replace). See Pic Below:

5475-69c203f41f7d9adc56c3c463124dad57.jpg

From a slightly different angle, if the landing gear won't raise it does not constitute an emergency. The aircraft will function normally in all other aspects. There's plenty of time to trouble shoot the issue later. Take care to avoid turning an inconvenience into a real problem. Yaw is so smooth with the H that slewing the gimbal is often times either unnecessary or a PITA to perform while the aircraft is moving.

Not coming down is a different story...

I just experienced the landing gear issue of one side moving an inch and the other nothing. Turned it upside down and toggled the switch fast back and forth and got it working again.

Had the same problem with my H right out of the box. Called Tech Support and they said to swap the Servo Modules around! The Landing gear is attached to a Servo module, like the gimbal, couple of screws and they slide out!

Did this and went out to fly and they both worked flawlessly! Just a thought!

Reactions: Subtle Shots
Replaced the parts with the new ones I just got from Yuneec. Just for kicks I I took one of the old ones apart. DOH! I obviously applied to much downward pressure breaking the 2 tongs.

Now back to where I was when I started --we'll see if the landing gear raises. Not holding my breath.

UPDATE: Landing gear worked perfect the first time.

Attachments

• IMAG1212.jpg
    IMAG1212.jpg
    385.8 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
The part that gets damaged or breaks on these is the cast aluminium piece with the forks on the top of the carbon legs, These need to be made available as spares, so not needing to replace the whole unit each time.

There is no point having a failure point that protects the rest of the mechanism if you cant replace that item on its own.

This part may as well be made from solid aluminium or steel at least it will be strong, if the landing is hard enough and it busts the whole retract unit what difference does it make if you have to buy the complete unit anyway ?

I am going to machine up two new ones for my own machine as the forks on these are just to weak.

Some time ago there was a guy on here (I think, maybe another forum) that was making third party parts for H and asked for any other ideas of spares needed, this would be one to do.

I am going to machine up two new ones for my own machine as the forks on these are just to weak.

Some time ago there was a guy on here (I think, maybe another forum) that was making third party parts for H and asked for any other ideas of spares needed, this would be one to do.

Probably wouldn't get rich but I bet you could sell them here.

I inquired about that to a supplier who made small prop adapters for the 350QX that worked very well.
I posted he said it would take multiple set ups and costly. Somewhere around $20 each for 100 or more.
He stated that was why they probably went with cast aluminum.

Guess I will keep spending $30 every time fate takes over.

Ahhhhh, what would I do without you gentlemen.. had this exact issue yesterday... tried to bring up the landing gear, nada, I mean it tried but only moved a slight bit.. I go to bring it down red-button style, sets down, then starts bouncing eratically, and you guessed it, tip over, busted #1 & #6 props at the tips.. smh.. So I bring it in the house to check for any other damage, nada, except for the left landing gear was loose.. well it was late & I figured i'd deal with it the next day.. I come home from work and take my halogen flashlight to the landing gear, everything looked fine, so I hit up the forum/search, found this thread, flipped my bird upside down, hit the switch, back to normal.. whew!

Just goes to show you fellas, when all else fails hit the search button.. this thread is 5 years old, but the knowledge gained is nothin' but gold!

NW.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dharminder