Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

What to do if landing gear won't pull up?

Reaction score
Dang landing gear is stuck and won't pull up. I can see one of the legs moves as if it's trying to rise.. but only moves about an inch.

I jiggled the legs a little. Didn't work.

Suggestions?

You can test it inside by just turning it up-side-down and then try the landing gear switch. The legs could be stuck or there could be damaged parts in the gear mechanism.

I'll try that now. Thanks. I'd be very surprised if it was damaged. I've only taken it on a few flights.. and treated it like a newborn.

Update: Yeah.. even upside down with gentle pressure applied only one of them will move about an inch.

Last edited:
I'll try that now. Thanks. I'd be very surprised if it was damaged. I've only taken it on a few flights.. and treated it like a newborn.

Update: Yeah.. even upside down with gentle pressure applied only one of them will move about an inch.
Not a good sign. If it's trying to move, then you know the ST16 switch is working. It's unusual that both side stopped at the same time. Maybe someone else has an idea, but it sounds like a call to Yuneec.
You might try to jiggle the gear to see if it is jammed.

On my first flight, after take-off I selected "retract" and noticed that one gear made an effort to retract and the other did not. I landed, turned the craft off, removed the camera then booted back on and inverted the craft, then selected "retract" ; at first the movement was the same so I put the switch back to "extend'. On the second try; I held a little pressure, (on the gear that had made no movement) towards the "extend" and locked position, then flipped the switch and simultaneously let go - and the gear retracted.

I believe setting in the box on a shelve after shipping from the factory, the screw gear got a little "set" to it. Flying RC taught us to always cycle the retracts prior to the day's first flight, as even the pneumatic retracts in RC would sometimes get a "set" to them. I've seen many flights where after take-off, pilots would fly around with a gear down until after landing and then find the gear would work after getting a little help. Maybe this is true of the H, my gear has performed flawlessly on subsequent flights, and "gear-up" check is now part of my pre-flight checklist.

I don't think you will find a video, but, try it again with it up-side-down and keep play with the gear while you flip the switch. If it's stuck this might get it working again. As Ty Pilot points out, remove the camera so it doesn't get damaged.

I don't think you will find a video, but, try it again with it up-side-down and keep play with the gear while you flip the switch. If it's stuck this might get it working again. As Ty Pilot points out, remove the camera so it doesn't get damaged.

Ok.. pulled the camera off. That was easy.. but now as I toggle the switch the one side that moved a little at first, isn't even moving. Problem is I don't want to apply too much pressure either because they feel very locked

Thanks guys.. appreciate you being there.. I mean here.

%$%!!@#$%$^*&*(%

GOD BLAST IT!!! -- I JUST BROKE the F---ING THINGS!! I must applied too much pressure now they just FLOP and won't stand!!

BLOODY ****!!!!

Mine did that yesterday, I had to flip the rocker up and down a bunch of times till it started to work. Removing the gear is pretty easy. Couple of screws on each side need to be removed. I'd take them off, take them apart and see what is going on. They make all the parts pretty simple with Yuneec.

Reactions: Vegasrobbi
I had to flip the rocker up and down a bunch of times till it started to work. Removing the gear is pretty easy. Couple of screws on each side need to be removed. I'd take them off, take them apart and see what is going on. They make all the parts pretty simple with Yuneec.

What's a rocker? But like I said.. I broke them now... so either I send it in or maybe i can tell Yuneec what happened and have them send me the part.

Turn the H upside down and remove the two screws that retain the landing gear legs. Those screws face outward from the side of the fuselage both sides of the gear mount. They are either m2 or m2.5mm hex screws. I don't have a tool near by. Don't remove the tiny actuator cover screws. Slide each gear assembly up and out of the gear wells and clean the contacts with alcohol or contact cleaner and reinstall. It may just be dirty contacts or contacts that are not properly engaged. When re-installing the screws they need to be snug, but don't crank on them too hard.

lol. Sorry. if I am not making myself clear. They are broken now.

But just for kicks I took the legs off just now anyways.. (it's 2mm) and they were absolutely spotless. No oil, not one speck of dust. I haven't flown it enough to be dirty all up in there... nor was there any factory dust or residue.

Fact still remains though that by applying too much pressure earlier I broke whatever internal catch/release so now it looks like I have to buy two whole new leg units. I'll bet that isn't cheap either.... And just HOPE that by doing so will also resolve the issue of them not pulling up to begin with!

Last edited:
What's a rocker? But like I said.. I broke them now... so either I send it in or maybe i can tell Yuneec what happened and have them send me the part.
Meant the toggle switch. If you call their cust svc number you can order the part. It's so easy to replace as they are modular and slide in, no wires to hook up. Contact - Yuneec

Mine did the same thing after the last update I could get about an inch each cycle of the switch so I just cycled the switch continuously until it went up or down.

Took H for first flight after latest firmware update. I did compass calibration, then test flight. I only raised H about 15 feet. When I tried to raise gear, one moved about inch, and stopped , on third try gear raised and worked fine after
that. Also on landing H dance a bit, but I landed and didn't hold left stick down.
I raised H up then back down and held stick down, no problem.

No other problems after that. Will get out tomorrow again and try and see how it goes.

Is there a "easy" way or process to get flight data from the ST16, I have used some of toolbox, but lots of steps, and nice highlight, drag and drop would be good or is there a way to do that.

AJ

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dharminder