Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

What type of MOBILE DEVICE do you use with your Breeze 4K

What type of MOBILE DEVICE do you use with your Breeze 4K

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have a Samsung A5 2017. I bought a breeze but haven't opened yet cause I want to make sure it works with my phone. Can anyone confirm? I also have the controller

I have a Samsung A5 2017. I bought a breeze but haven't opened yet cause I want to make sure it works with my phone. Can anyone confirm? I also have the controller
GSM ARENA - Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017) - Full phone specifications

Comms WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, WiFi Direct, hotspot
Bluetooth 4.2, A2DP, EDR, LE
GPS Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
NFC Yes
Radio FM radio
USB 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector

Yes should work no problem, your phone supports DUAL BAND 2.4 & 5.8 GhZ

It has to do with the latest version of Android. There were some that had no problems, then after updating the OS had to start going through the contortions you are. Yuneec should update the app for Android and for iOS, but the chances of that are probably very slim.
Your tip to put it in airplane mode (that you gave in my post) works everytime. Thanks!

Currently use an LG G6, but have used a Samsung Galaxy s8. The screens on the Galaxy line (oled) are so much nicer than anything else on the market for use in sunlight.

I have used my Samsung S5 and Iphone 6s without any problems. Have flown it with the IPhone 7 had a bit of problem at first for it to get the Bluetooth to communicate but a friend went through some settings and it worked rock solid.

I used to have a Samsung J7 Pro that would work, but it would take several attempts to communicate, and after it did it would work fine until you close the breeze app. You had to go through restarting phone, breeze app, connections to WiFi and bluetooth several times in random order that never was consistent.

Just got a new tablet Samsung Tab A 6 loaded fast and all working with the breeze 4k very impressed

"I have used iPhones 5c, 5s, SE, 6S, and 7. All work for Pilot and automated task modes. The 5c will not work with the BT controller as its Bluetooth is not compatible, all others work fine with the controller."

and how with a range of each can fly on 80x100m?

I have full coverage on the Ipad Mini 1gen, 2 modes do not work follow me and the controller

Last edited:
Very new Breeze owner here. I am using a Moto 5Gs with Android 7.1. Note that I have not done a real flight yet, only the firmware updates and a minute of indoor hovering (also with the G3 controller). For that, the 5Gs worked perfectly so far.
I find that a little surprising, because the Moto 5Gs Wifi is specified to support the 'a', but not the 'ac' standard.
My Breeze is now on the most recent firmware you get when in Europe (it was delivered with FC 1.0 F (!)). I first thought the update had broken connectivity because the Breeze wouldn't go into connection mode after the update anymore, but the next day, connectivity was back.
I'll update this once I have had real flights. For now, I am happy that I have any connectivity at all, I don't need to wait for the Wifi repeater I ordered to come in to get the setup and some testing done...

Very new Breeze owner here. I am using a Moto 5Gs with Android 7.1. Note that I have not done a real flight yet, only the firmware updates and a minute of indoor hovering (also with the G3 controller). For that, the 5Gs worked perfectly so far.
I find that a little surprising, because the Moto 5Gs Wifi is specified to support the 'a', but not the 'ac' standard.
My Breeze is now on the most recent firmware you get when in Europe (it was delivered with FC 1.0 F (!)). I first thought the update had broken connectivity because the Breeze wouldn't go into connection mode after the update anymore, but the next day, connectivity was back.
I'll update this once I have had real flights. For now, I am happy that I have any connectivity at all, I don't need to wait for the Wifi repeater I ordered to come in to get the setup and some testing done...

Some devices that support 802.11a work with the Breeze (iPhone 5c and 5s do) as it was the early version of the 5GHz WiFi standard. Many do not because they only use the lower 5GHz channels.

One thing that helps with Android devices is to place the phone in Airplane Mode, then enable WiFi and Bluetooth as needed. The only time you need cellular data is for OTA updates. The Android version of Breeze Cam doesn’t have the Live Feed feature like the iOS version.

Also;

Welcome to the YuneecPilots community!

We are a group that shares our knowledge of the hobby/business and welcome pilots of all skill levels and backgrounds. Please read the Community Rules found at the bottom of the webpage, and make use of the Forum Search (it is restricted to this forum) for any question you have before posting. Chances are that the answer is waiting for your question. That being said, please join in and share your experiences with the community.

We appreciate when new members make use of the Introduction area of the forum to tell us a little about themselves and their interests in multirotor aircraft.

Be sure to checkout the Yuneec Pilots Picture Game in the Photos and Videos section of the forum. It is a great way to meet people worldwide and motivate you to fly and make photos/videos. You’ll find it in the sticky thread at the start of the section. The rules are in post #1 and the latest challenge is near the last post.

Last edited:
Some devices that support 802.11a work with the Breeze (iPhone 5c and 5s do) as it was the early version of the 5GHz WiFi standard. Many do not because they only use the lower 5GHz channels.

One thing that helps with Android devices is to place the phone in Airplane Mode, then enable WiFi and Bluetooth as needed. The only time you need cellular data is for OTA updates. The Android version of Breeze Cam doesn’t have the Live Feed feature like the iOS version.

Also;

Welcome to the YuneecPilots community!

We are a group that shares our knowledge of the hobby/business and welcome pilots of all skill levels and backgrounds. Please read the Community Rules found at the bottom of the webpage, and make use of the Forum Search (it is restricted to this forum) for any question you have before posting. Chances are that the answer is waiting for your question. That being said, please join in and share your experiences with the community.

We appreciate when new members make use of the Introduction area of the forum to tell us a little about themselves and their interests in multirotor aircraft.

Be sure to checkout the Yuneec Pilots Picture Game in the Photos and Videos section of the forum. It is a great way to meet people worldwide and motivate you to fly and make photos/videos. You’ll find it in the sticky thread at the start of the section. The rules are in post #1 and the latest challenge is near the last post.
Thanks for the warm welcome, I appreciate this. And the cumulated knowledge already saved me from panicking when I saw the connectivity problems last night...
By the way, the Android Breeze Cam app did download the latest firmware over WLAN while I was not connected to the drone and tapped the check for updates button. Much preferred to having that happen through the mobile link.

Update: the Moto G5s has proven to work rather well. In an open field, I get about 50m of horizontal range before getting video serious stalls and the connection will likely break between 70 and 80m horizontal distance with around 20m altitude. (Very reassuring to find the automatic RTH working on these occasions.)
Strangely, I cannot get the G3 controller to connect anymore. This WAS working the day before, but today it refused to connect. Will try to find out if it's a mistake of mine....

Update: the Moto G5s has proven to work rather well. In an open field, I get about 50m of horizontal range before getting video serious stalls and the connection will likely break between 70 and 80m horizontal distance with around 20m altitude. (Very reassuring to find the automatic RTH working on these occasions.)
Strangely, I cannot get the G3 controller to connect anymore. This WAS working the day before, but today it refused to connect. Will try to find out if it's a mistake of mine....

You should always connect the controller inside the Controller Task in Breeze Cam. If you keep having trouble with the controller, go into the Bluetooth settings in Android and have it forget the G3 controller. Then return to the Controller Task and the controller should connect again.

You should always connect the controller inside the Controller Task in Breeze Cam. If you keep having trouble with the controller, go into the Bluetooth settings in Android and have it forget the G3 controller. Then return to the Controller Task and the controller should connect again.
Did that (even from the start), but it appears that this remains very a random process. Today, I managed to get it connected by just keeping trying, and after 10 attempts or so it connected. Once connected the link was perfect and stable through the whole battery. On the next battery, the connection was established after fewer attempts, but not again immediately.
PS when I try connecting to the controller via BT directly from the phone, that always works. Yes, I did delete the pairing afterwards...

You do start the controller by pressing Power + A, correct?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop