Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

What would you do?

Reaction score
Buy an H Pro now or wait and see what upgrades/new products (if any) Yuneec release in the next few months?

There is a rumour they are working on an improved camera and with the release of the Phanny 4 Pro one would hope they are! It's probably unlikely that Yuneec would just start rolling out the H with the new cam instead of the CGO3+ at the same price point though. Maybe they might roll out a whole new craft or a redesigned and improved H.

I'm kind of wondering if my investment would be safe if I buy now. Or if I will get something much better for the same price in a month or so. It would have to be a major upgrade/improvement for me to want to wait, as there is something I want to use the H for that is happening now for the next few months. So if I wait, I miss that.

Does Yuneec roll out new products at certain predictable times of year? Are they likely to respond to DJI's new products at any moment or will they do that in the spring?

There are some folks who call the H 'modular' which it does appear to be - removable camera etc. So is the airframe likely to stay the same or get changed?

Before you advise me to go and buy a Phanny 4 Pro for the same money, I'm not a fan of DJI and I love the H and what it can do that the Phanny can't. Also Yuneec customer support is said to be very good which is a major consideration for me when buying into a product.

If they come out with something better at any price the current H will go down in price. Then you can decide which to buy

Bill W.

It depends on your budget. The new DJI products that are coming out are all significantly more expensive than the current models. If/when there is an upgrade for the H, it will probably cost more too. So if you want quality at any price, I'd hang on and see what happens. If you're happy with the quality of the H cam at present (it's somewhere between the Hero 5 and P4) then go ahead and buy.

I note you're in the UK. It might be worth going along to the UK Drone Show in a couple of weeks time where you can see all the choices and talk to the companies involved. Yuneec UK are a very friendly bunch.

Reactions: Nuance and yuneec53
@35mm
The hardest question to answer is "What do you plan to do with your drone"
Then it comes down to budget. I went with the H non Pro.
It fit my budget. It is a good entry platform into aerial photography. It included everything in one controller. (no extra screens or tablets to buy) I did not plan on flying where I would run into anything, other that high trees around me. (just fly over them) I like the idea of a hex it could fly on just 4 motors.
(Ming showed off that one). Mine came with the wizard, kind of a neat thing, put it in my pocket and the H follows along. Un-nerving to be followed the first few times.
And although Yuneec's repair center is getting better, phone support and customer support after purchase is great.
Make a list of wants, and see which aircraft/manufacture suits your needs the best.

IMG_2376.JPG I was in the same spot a week ago, I was pulling my hair out because there are just sooooo many options and I didn't even have to consider the p4p, I'll tell you this the backpack is absolutely awesome, I know it's just a bag but if you have had a drone before and had some sort of makeshift contraption you know it can be a huge headache. In conjunction with the case the integrated tablet with the ability to play back is also a ten in my book. Yesterday I had about a mile hike back to the car from the lake front ,I put my h in the backpack put it on and during my walk back I reviewed my session as if I was watching tv , that's one of those small things that you don't think about but appreciate when you discover you can do . The other thing i like is the presence the H has with the six rotors and black color it gives off a very professional feel to it. I know looks aren't top priority but there is a this is an event feeling when you fire up that huge controller and spin those six rotors and hear the sound, it's very different then a quad again just seems professional not toying. As far as the camera goes idk some say it's to soft , I know some earlier models had lenses that were out of Focus which is part of the reason I got a pro , better chance for a newer unit plus upgraded controller and I think my pics are just great. The camera can produce quality way above my capabilities so I'm very satisfied with it . I had dslr's in the past and honestly some of my best pics have come from my back up point and shoot. A lot of times it's about the creativity and eye of the operator and not the tech. I think people assume you have to have DJI sharpness in order to have a great picture, I prefer the h's cinematic feel compared to the DJI grand theft auto video game look. Go look at the trailer for gta v and you will get what I'm saying. Five motor mode saved me yesterday broke a prop on a close shot the thing didn't even flinch , it could have been totally catastrophic but nope easy least I don't think the H gets enough kudos for having that in its back pocket , that little trick saved me a ton of cash. I could go on and on bro but you have two options sit way to long and over analyze and fly nothing or get the H and have a blast. A member named tuna yelled at me yesterday about my constant wondering if I should keep my H "GO out an fly" he said . He was right at the end of the day when you are editing your videos and get a big smile on your face from your final product all the other crap won't matter. Also then il **** up , I truly believe yuneec will release a camera that we can just add to our existing platform and with that control station with intergrated tablet sky's the limt . Do yourself a favor and get a H pro

Hard to call it an investment when it depreciated 40% the moment it's paid for. Look at it more like a whimsical endeavor or hobby unless you are getting paid to fly, where it becomes a tool to use until you need another one.

Determine what you want to do, when you want to do it, and go from there. There's always another rainbow to chase, pick one and go with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop