Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Whats up Best Buy?

I think they're trying to sell all of the pros that they can before CES 2017

5 months after release they drop the price 30+%... that's a hilariously bad sign My guess is FOM, Fear of Mavic

Wow. Very interesting. They dropped the price of the pro after only a couple months if even that long? 400 bucks is huge. I'm wondering if they aren't selling as well as they hoped.

Personally, I think the 1899.99 price-tag is more than the avg. consumer interested in drones is willing to spend. I think the 1500 USD mark is the max of most people's comfort zone.

The pricing game is common across the board. Take for example I bought a new sUAV last November, within 3 months the price dropped by $100, another 2 months later another $100, since then, another $50. The market is brutal and the prices do not hold at all since the manufacturers decided to keep with each other and produce new models yearly. It is very similar to the mobile phone market... they cast $800 new but a year later they are less than half that.

Don't expect drones to hold value, they just don't

Reactions: Eyewingsuit
You are right. I think part of the problem is the real sense is still not out for the advance.

$1500 is still to high.
$1200 would have given them a few more months of longevity.

Loving the competition. We should soon see a similar price drop on the Phantom. The Typhoon H offered many features that the P4 did not have and was already a better value. Now with a price drop on the H and competition from other new models, the P4 will drop as well.

Reactions: Rayray
Now with a price drop on the H and competition from other new models, the P4 will drop as well.

Already dropped 400 i believe, from starting price. The competition is great, no matter which product you prefer, we users can only benefit from better products at cheaper prices.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ray I think that the Typhoon H is already suffering from less expensive components. they need to improve the quality of the drone so that we don't have the problems that we see here on this forum. I think they're shooting their toe off to spite their foot.

I think they're sales dropped considerably with the firmware issues and now they need to make it up by lowering the price to sell more and get the consumers confidence back.

Already dropped 400 i believe, from starting price. The competition is great, no matter which product you prefer, we users can only benefit from better products at cheaper prices.
I bought my first computer (a Radio Shack TRS-80) in 1981. Along with a 9-pin dot-matrix printer the cost was $3,600. The Acer desktop along with the Brother laser printer I bought this year cost a grand total of $450. Not only is the price difference striking, so is the advancement in technology. There simply is no comparison in general quality and performance capability. Every year the general capability of tech products moves forward while price levels decrease -- and that includes the quality, capability and the price level of drones.

My neighbor's son recently got a toy-grade quad which is an identical miniaturization of the Q500. It flies nicely, is equipped with barometric altitude-hold and the controller has an exceptionally clear FPV screen attached. My neighbor said he paid $100 for it and a couple of months later the price is down to $75. A year ago something like that would have cost at least $300. Next year I predict we'll be seeing toy-grade drones with FPV, altitude-hold and GPS in the $100 price range and the hobby-grade drones we are paying $1,500 for today will be selling for $500.

While there is no question that the drone market is presently sizzling, those who can afford to spend $1,500 for a toy that might just fly away (as some do) and must be sent to China for repairs represent a relatively small segment of the current market. I believe the hobby-drone market potential presently inhabits three projected segments; the $1,500 category, the $1,000 category and the $500 category. The explosive potential of this market will be seen when a high-quality hex with all the presently leading features, including object-avoidance, active gimbal and an S-16 type controller arrives in the $500 category.

That will be the positive aspect. The negative aspect will occur in the form of repressive flight restrictions.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval