Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

What's your nickname for your machine?

Reaction score
I recently received the Commercial UAS Logbook for recording maintenance and use as a pre-flight checklist and I realized I did not have 'nicknames' for my copters.

Since I have two YTH this is important. I decided to name my Q500 4K "Quatro" my first YTH was downed by a hawk on it's maiden/first flight so he has been dubbed "Hawk" and and my second H is named "Truth".

I attached labels to all controllers and machines

Yes, well, in the somewhat traditional of planes and ships, I think females names would be appropriate. Not because many H's are finicky and unpredictable, lol.

So my first, a Pro, is "Wendy". I have a spare, std. H, as yet unnamed.

I imagine some H's have been called names their owners cannot post.

Yes, well, in the somewhat traditional of planes and ships, I think females names would be appropriate.

I understand a ship with female nom de guere but a truck needs a man's name.

I also thought of Hector for the "H" but it lacks imagination.

I've never given any inanimate object I've owned a name. But I've never owned a boat or plane! When it comes to things like our drones or even my car(s) or motorcycle(s). Same thing no name....

I guess if I had multiple Typhoon Hs I'd identify them as Typhoon H-1, Typhoon H-2... etc...

My H is named is AMEE after the one in Red Planet.

Last edited:
I've never considered giving my H a name as such. In the past I've referred to it as 'The flying thing', but then I've also referred to my Phantom as 'The flying thing' too.
I suppose I should give it a name. My motorbike has a name: Crompton. And my car has the name: Caprica. So why not the H?

Let me see. Flying H thing? Or what about 'Oh F**K'?

Never named the H either but if I did it would probably be Jenny; pronounced Jen-Nay as per Forrest Gump cause it just wants to fly; faa faa away.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval