Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

When Traveling?

Reaction score
I am going to Europe in a couple of weeks, will i have to update anything on the H or should i be good to go. Just re calibrate compass and fly? Thanx in advance!

I am going to Europe in a couple of weeks, will i have to update anything on the H or should i be good to go. Just re calibrate compass and fly? Thanx in advance!

Check the UAV rules for the part of Europe you intend to fly, they are possibly not the same rules across the whole of Europe, I recently went to France and before going I checked the rules of that country which was very similar to the UK CAA uav's rules.

Whilst I did not have the TH when I went and the Q500 4K was to large to take, I took my aging Phantom 1.5 which has been heavily converted to take phantom 2 battery's or any other lipo battery, also it flys on a Futaba transmitter along with Fatshark Dominator goggles, the only downside is it has only a Zemuse 2 axis gimbal.

Only thing I did once in France was a compass calibration then hover just six feet or so a fed each stick command was ok, flew out away from about 50m at a altitude of 20m and checked return to home switch was function correctly, then I was good to go, fly safe and have fun.

Its advisable to have third party insurance I did check mine to make sure I was covered.

Check the UAV rules for the part of Europe you intend to fly, they are possibly not the same rules across the whole of Europe, I recently went to France and before going I checked the rules of that country which was very similar to the UK CAA uav's rules.

Whilst I did not have the TH when I went and the Q500 4K was to large to take, I took my aging Phantom 1.5 which has been heavily converted to take phantom 2 battery's or any other lipo battery, also it flys on a Futaba transmitter along with Fatshark Dominator goggles, the only downside is it has only a Zemuse 2 axis gimbal.

Only thing I did once in France was a compass calibration then hover just six feet or so a fed each stick command was ok, flew out away from about 50m at a altitude of 20m and checked return to home switch was function correctly, then I was good to go, fly safe and have fun.
I appreciate it. I have checked on the rules what i am mainly referring to is firmware or updates from the US based stuff.

I don't think you will have any problems with firmware EU or US firmware apart from technically speaking you would be breaking EU rules regarding transmitting power but who's to know, but if you want to play safe ask Yuneec in Europe for advise if their is any issues.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33