Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

When will the H920 be brought in line with its SMALLER brothers?

Reaction score
I Have the H920 and was shocked when i learned that it cant so quite simple tasks such as follow me or way points the other major thing for me (which is a must for any pro!) is the inability to preview your images / video ! Ive looked on the firmware updates part of the website and can see the Typhoon has these features (Just not the preview!) and the last firmware update for the tornado was in January.
Surely, they should be concentrating on the most expensive machines first then working down! If they carry on like this it will make the h920 almost obsolete in terms of its capability!
If anyone has any news or can enlighten me further that would be great! Im in the UK, but guessing i can download from the US site etc ?
Thank you!

I hope not! Love your website! I see the H920 is your main drone also, and in the same line of work as us! Got any tips on its use?

Thanks :) Website will be getting a crucial update very soon with a lot more content (just got to pin down my web designer for a few hours).

What do you wanna know ;) been using the 920 for quite a while now..........

To be honest im in the transition between DJI to Yuneec, i see the differences and similarties between the two, so any tips youve picked up would be perfect :)

I cut my teeth on the phantom and still use it for setting up test shots. I found the big difference to start with was the fact that the DJI kit feels very RC, quick and aggressive (not that's that's a bad thing) where as the h920 felt flowing and graceful. Still very responsive but the feel of flying it was very different, felt easier to set a shot up and move around it. Manual circling I find easier with the h920 (aka point of interest) takes a while to get used to but once you get it you can produce some amazing shots.

It's a big learning curve moving from quad to hex but so worth it when you master it............gives you so much more maneuverability and stability for shooting

Where are you based?

Last edited:
I too moved from a DJI to Yuneec, and I have the same concern about firmware updates.
I Think if i had of known that the software was not quite up to the mark yet i would of delayed purchase until the features were available, i know its nothing to do with hardware, only only software so i know its possible.
It would appear to me (how right i am i dont know) they are 'testing' the features on the typhoon to make sure there are no bugs i suppose its better financially for them if 100 typhoons suddenly drop out the air as opposed to 100 tornados - i will keep checking but hoping it will be along soon!
However, no mention of the image/video preview even on the typhoon i believe - which is a major blow!

Kernow Drones your comments are very realistic. I have the H as a starter/training machine and would like to get a Tornado with CGO4 for top quality work but feel that Yuneec is not putting much effort into this machine. A form of CCC and POI for easy one take capture should be available along with a reliable HD720 video feed at minimum.

Am running both H920 and TH at the moment. Agree with Volanti- the 920 I find very graceful and enjoy flying it even as a "job"! But, have been sooo disappointed with Yuneec as feel they've been focussing on the gimmicky toys, but not the pros. Could really do with some urgent H920 TLC from Yuneec, else someone's going to lure me away from them...

Reactions: volanti

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval