Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Where can Order new Gimble mounts here in the USA?

Reaction score
78133f760885c9069cd7dc423a9a340d.jpg

Where is the best place to order new gimble mounts and pins and retainers? Here in the USA

Yuneec Typhoon H CGO3+ Camera Mount Top Plate With Bushings and Anti-Drop Pins

Mount Set: Yuneec Typhoon H CGO3+

Honestly though the retaining pins are next to worthless. You'll get tired of replacing them after a while. I know I'm not alone in replacing them with 5.5" nylon cable ties.
mine was missing one retainer right out of the box. I thought it was missing 3, LOL , so I put a zip tie on all four.
I cut the head off one and use it as the bottom retainer, and cut another short one inserted through the top. slide the cut off head up from the bottom. Works great,
Maybe in a crash it would be too rigid, but the heads will pull through the grommet if necessary

mine was missing one retainer right out of the box. I thought it was missing 3, LOL , so I put a zip tie on all four.
I cut the head off one and use it as the bottom retainer, and cut another short one inserted through the top. slide the cut off head up from the bottom. Works great,
Maybe in a crash it would be too rigid, but the heads will pull through the grommet if necessary

Not sure I follow you on how you do yours. Do you mind sharing a picture of you yours? Bc yes, these things come out way too easy. I’m not sure if I ever had all mine. Or when lost it. A picture of how you assemble your away from the H so I can get a old look at it?

Be very careful over doing this. It’s easy to translate vibrations through the plates if the dampeners are restricted. It may not show up until it’s windy or you do more extreme camera maneuvers.

Reactions: inlikeflint
Be very careful over doing this. It’s easy to translate vibrations through the plates if the dampeners are restricted. It may not show up until it’s windy or you do more extreme camera maneuvers.
That makes sense, thanks for your input. I take it you reinstall the soft rubber dampers?

If not already attempted, try searching on "Dental Floss". Links like this one will be found, describing the care and feeding of the gimbal dampers.

I believe I saw the above thread includes a video or two as a demonstration.

Good luck!

Jeff

P.S. Only two retaining pins per customer. :)

I keep a spare mount and dampeners in my flight bag. The dampeners are easily popped out so it’s a good idea to inspect them pre flight.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ardigitalmedia