Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Where did you place your FAA Registration Number?

I want to see where y'all have been placing/displaying your FAA "Tail numbers"? Especially H series aircrqaft. Placement, size, color, font, unique locations (besides inside the battery box?)
I'm looking for ideas because let's face it, they aren't exactly aesthetically appealing. Please share a photo of what you have come up with. I promise I won't laugh!
...but no promises about an eye roll....:rolleyes:
15539524199807756546677469957354.jpg

Reactions: DCH
Printed mine out on the computer and placed it on top the battery with clear packing tape over it.

Printed mine out on the computer and placed it on top the battery with clear packing tape over it.

Be aware that effective 2/25/19 the FAA requires placing the registration number externally on the aircraft. It can no longer be inside the battery, inside the compartment or otherwise out of sight.

Reactions: Dougcjohn
Correct, Anywhere external & visible... not inside a battey well or compartment that requires opening or removing component.

Visible may still require looking for it externally, doesn't need to be large, obtrusive or in clear site... that also depends on crafts orientation when discovered or inspected. Although, their "reasoning" or justification is bogus... fear of possible explosive to open & inspect.

Flying armed & ready eh! :p
Little C4 stuffed up the booms & little piezo eh!
Ya 'tink dah weight might effect flight. ;)
Well my first reaction is drop this (not the C4!) before I get in trouble! We have a bad enough rap with the public and the authorities as it is without joking about it, right? But hey, I'm a shameless opportunist when it comes to a laugh, so let me just say this: With my small payloads probably not, a little C4 goes a long way! Besides I always launch fairly close to the target, just outside the perimeter where collateral damage might occur! That way I don't need to flee -which always brings attention to oneself, ...I just stand around looking just a shocked as the rest of the innocent bystanders!?

Well my first reaction is drop this (not the C4!) before I get in trouble!......

Too late .......keywords already tripped the alarms.....

• Wow
Book'em Dano! They're busted?‍♂️

?‍⚖️ No trial needed they're guilty! Under the jail they go.

• Sad
?‍⚖️ No trial needed they're guilty! Under the jail they go.
Hey wait a minute! What about due process? Oh wait, this is "Judge Doom" we're talkin'bout, he is due process! Dang, looks like I need to flee after all. Does Canada have extradition laws? Maybe @ChuckBridges can put me up until all this blows over.?

Well I appreciate all the ideas and suggestions, but if I have learned one thing from this thread, it's that the number needs to be easily removable, ...and making sure they are removable needs to become part of my pre-flight!?

Reactions: DoomMeister
Hey wait a minute! What about due process? Oh wait, this is "Judge Doom" we're talkin'bout, he is due process! Dang, looks like I need to flee after all. Does Canada have extradition laws? Maybe @ChuckBridges can put me up until all this blows over.?

Well I appreciate all the ideas and suggestions, but if I have learned one thing from this thread, it's that the number needs to be easily removable, ...and making sure they are removable needs to become part of my pre-flight!?
What... Cannada? Heck just move to Chicago... it'll be dismissed and sealed! First go on all the media and tell 'yer story then act surprised.

• Love
Reactions: DoomMeister and DCH
What... Cannada? Heck just move to Chicago... it'll be dismissed and sealed! First go on all the media and tell 'yer story then act surprised.
You had to bring that up! OMG!?? I'm still recovering from the massive stroke I suffered when I read about that! Now there is a real case for Judge Doom, both Jussie and the AG need one of his unique sentences!

But you're absolutely right, there is no need to go to Canada when there is Chicago, that's a brilliant idea! Then once it was all sealed I could sue the Chicago PD for finding my UAV at the scene of a crime! Clearly, I am the victim here!?

Reactions: Dougcjohn
You had to bring that up! OMG!?? I'm still recovering from the massive stroke I suffered when I read about that! Now there is a real case for Judge Doom, both Jussie and the AG need one of his unique sentences!

But you're absolutely right, there is no need to go to Canada when there is Chicago, that's a brilliant idea! Then once it was all sealed I could sue the Chicago PD for finding my UAV at the scene of a crime! Clearly, I am the victim here!?
Good Story.... I’d skip the brothers and use that one!

Always room for 1 more. Remember to bring your drone. After June 1 you can fly if I am with you?

Will I be jailed if I don't have a registration on the drone or put in prison? What's the fine? Not too worried where I fly because nobody else flies anything where I do. When i go out in the country side the only person i spoke with makes his own ar-15's and I'm worried about a drone?

Will I be jailed if I don't have a registration on the drone or put in prison? What's the fine? Not too worried where I fly because nobody else flies anything where I do. When i go out in the country side the only person i spoke with makes his own ar-15's and I'm worried about a drone?
;) Good one! I get yer point, but building AR15's are legal to build & play with. You have a much more dangerous device capable of concealing IED's. Heck, smithing an AR; you can even install 5 of the 6 unique parts as long as the 6th little "key" piece remains out.

I'd agree, if you're out on pasture or open country, the likely hood of being approached, let alone receive anymore than a suggestive comment would be rare.

If it's just a matter of label placement, the label can be small placed anywhere externally. Hasn't been specified "yet" for size & placement... just externally to ease IED stress inspections.

:eek: I place all mine near the OEM label or belly area.... visible but not obtrusive.

Up here in Canada, presently we have to display our name, address and phone number on our drones. This was challanged with the Privacy Commissioner and... surprise... they sided with Transport Canada. After June 1st, we will have to apply for (pay 5 dollars for) a unique registration number for each of our drones, tied to it's serial number. At least we can remove our identifying information at that point. As to where, they just say visible.

Up here in Canada, presently we have to display our name, address and phone number on our drones. This was challanged with the Privacy Commissioner and... surprise... they sided with Transport Canada. After June 1st, we will have to apply for (pay 5 dollars for) a unique registration number for each of our drones, tied to it's serial number. At least we can remove our identifying information at that point. As to where, they just say visible.
Current situation not nice.... I'd agree it's a bit of privacy.
So you're saying after you have the $5 Reg Number, you can remove the Name & Address info?
That would be similar to USA... we record each Aircraft Serial with Registration on the FAA site.

As of June 1st, we will no longer be required to show our name, address and phone number on our drones. Instead, each drone will have it's own unique registration number, at a cost of $5 each registration. I have 3 drones that require registration, so, $15 total. If you have to send it in and they return a different drone to replace it, you will be required to register it again, for another $5 fee. Transport Canada does not give a registration number assigned to the pilots for all birds, but a number for each bird. This way, you can hope to get your drone back in the event of a crash, and, they can locate you if they need to. You can place the number on any exterior surface, as long as it is visible. I use brother labels with clear tape over them to protect them.

As of June 1st, we will no longer be required to show our name, address and phone number on our drones. Instead, each drone will have it's own unique registration number, at a cost of $5 each registration. I have 3 drones that require registration, so, $15 total. If you have to send it in and they return a different drone to replace it, you will be required to register it again, for another $5 fee. Transport Canada does not give a registration number assigned to the pilots for all birds, but a number for each bird. This way, you can hope to get your drone back in the event of a crash, and, they can locate you if they need to. You can place the number on any exterior surface, as long as it is visible. I use brother labels with clear tape over them to protect them.
Very similar to our USA PT107 registration. Each aircraft costs $5 each to register with model & serial number. The Hobbyist currently has 1 number to person that is applied to each aircraft, but that may change too.

Although a small cost per bird, sounds better to me than my personal info.
I like the Registration cross index method better to obtain personal data.

Reactions: ChuckBridges

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430