Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Where did you place your FAA Registration Number?

DCH

Dr. FrankenPhoon
Reaction score
I want to see where y'all have been placing/displaying your FAA "Tail numbers"? Especially H series aircrqaft. Placement, size, color, font, unique locations (besides inside the battery box?)
I'm looking for ideas because let's face it, they aren't exactly aesthetically appealing. Please share a photo of what you have come up with. I promise I won't laugh!
...but no promises about an eye roll....:rolleyes:

To answer the rest of the questions, here is how I made my numbers, they are weatherproof but removable should I sell the drone and it cost me nothing.

1] Using Microsoft Word, I typed the Numbers in Arial Bold, 24 Point, Italicized - White letters with a Black Highlight/Background.

2] Copy and Paste extras, or multiple numbers as necessary onto the same page.

3] Cutout the number and place onto a strip of 2 inch clear packing tape - font down.

4] Trim the sides of the tape making sure to keep fingers on the paper to eliminate finger prints and smudges.

5] Align the number with the arm and secure the sides first, roll the bottom under, then the top around and over.

Number2.jpg

Mine are on each side of the body, on the flat surface in front of where the legs connect to the body.

Reactions: DCH
Does not matter, as long it is clearly visible. While flying there is no need or way to see it. It is just meant to find it when crashed or something bad happened (hope not).

Last edited:
I put mine on my forehead so everyone knows I'm registered.
(I wish I was a Mod, I'd delete that post!)?

Does not matter, as it is clearly visible. While flying there is no way to see it. It is just meant to find it when crashed or something bad happened.
Thanks, but I already realize this. I'm merely looking for creative ideas on placement, while trying to crate some friendly community conversation that everyone can get in on...:) So tell us X-Fly, where did you put yours?

I typed mine up on a label maker and stuck it on the bottom of the body, beside the left arm. Runs from front to back.

Thanks, but I already realize this. I'm merely looking for creative ideas on placement, while trying to crate some friendly community conversation that everyone can get in on...:) So tell us X-Fly, where did you put yours?
Then I wish I was a Mod so I could keep reposting it ?

Reactions: PatR
DE7ECA1B-50F1-456C-843C-764B4C143592.jpeg

That was a good use of tilt with the iPhone camera. The Breeze looks quite large that way. Of course my Tyhexasaurus has her arms retracted and was sitting in her nest.

I just printed it on special tape and glued it on top of my drone, on the GPS-antenne ... I am not that creative :)

I put mine in the back by the battery
This was one of my first thoughts and I was hoping to see an example. Thanks for posting a photo.

The only issue I see here Fred, is you have violated my copycat infringement rights with your front graphics. Kindly remove them at once to avoid the legal wrath of my team of attorneys.
Oh well, I guess imitation is the highest form of flattery!
...But you forgot to put a set of eyes on the camera!
ScreenHunter_6478 Mar. 29 09.46.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Fred Garvin
Love the placement! Very traditional. I’ll have to order another set for the camera.

Used a label maker, made on black with white font label tape. Went the other direction and made it small... about 30-35mm long x 8mm... est 16-18pt font.
Made a few on clear with black or red font if platform wasn’t black... I use a lot of orange skins.

Placed on bottom or near serial # depending on drone. All very easy to read, but not easily spotted unless looking for it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss