Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Where to Buy and Difference in Pro

Well the plastic is about two inches I do not know about the antenna -- they could have done that on the H too without much bother :) but no love :)

I think that addition was an afterthought for the second production run. I would be be surprised if the non pro versions shipping today came with the external plastic covers.... The new owners probably have them and don't even know that some people don't....

I don't think it makes a difference to the flight characteristics or Telem data connections either. I think it was done because some reviews were making fun of them for it, and there was oddly a bunch of calls to tech supporting asking them why a wire was loose on the new TH they had... I think that triggered it, no actually technical benefit. All cosmetics....

I bet you could buy the tube separate from them, and install it :) but why bother..... The ST16 controller antenna changes are however more meaningful, but because you can swap them easy if you want thats not a bid deal either now....

One last question (hate to ask something unrelated to the title). Does Yuneec have the ability to disable the geofencing for NFZ? Reason I'm asking is in the two cities I'm working in 70% of my work will be about a mile in under class C airspace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The NFZ restrictions are programmed by Yuneec at the direction of the FCC (per yuneec) not the FAA. On the yuneec 500 they eventually had it removed. Currently you can request a NFZ waiver release from Yuneec. After you sign it and return it to Yuneec, they will send a TH specific NFZ FW update that will modify your NFZ restriction. After applying the update, you will have to re-install the TH FW update. Once this update is installed it will allow you to go up to 30 feet from 1-2 miles from an airport, the up to 40 feet beyond 2 miles. This is almost useless except to maybe test your TH in your own front yard. I had a discussion a couple of weeks ago. Yuneec is working on releasing the NFZ restriction completely for UAS 107 licensed pilots. They could not give me a definite date, but said it should not be long. I heard a rumor yesterday that the NFZ update was out, however, when I called, the CS said he had not heard of it, and the person that would know would not be in until tomorrow. Hope this info help, it not the best answer, but it at least shows some hope for the near future.

T... Once this update is installed it will allow you to go up to 30 feet from 1-2 miles from an airport, the up to 40 feet beyond 2 miles. ....

I just received the update file from Yuneec. Once loaded it adds buttons to the GUI that allow you to "DISABLE or ENABLE NO FLY ZONES." According the the Yuneec rep I worked with, if you select DISABLE it removes the no fly zones restrictions and you can fly as if you were not in a No Fly Zone. I haven't tested that yet but that does sound promising. My R/C Airport is 2.5 miles from a Class D airport and the R/C Airport has signs posted that 400ft is the limit allowed. It wouldn't be much fun flying 40 feet AGL if everyone else was much higher ;)

UPDATE: I tested out the update file from Yuneec that lets you ignore No Fly Zones. It does let you fly as if you were not in a no fly zone. Worked very well today at 2.5 miles from the airport.

Last edited:
I purchased my H Pro with realsense from Frank at Carolina Dronz and since have also purchaced accessories from him too. Frank is a great guy and stands behind his products. I have called him a couple of times with questions. He took the time to explain things and answered my questions. As far as the realsense goes from what I have read is the realsense module is made by Intel and there for the Typhoon H with realsense also has an Intel processor that does all the calculation for obstical avoidance and choose the flight path around objects when in follow me or watch me mode.

Real Sense is also incorporated into the Intel/Asctec Falcon-8.

I have to agree with the support for CarolinaDronz. I started dealing with them with parts for a Chroma, later with pre-order for my H, and more recently a new camera for my H after I screwed up the first one. I've spent a lot of time in voice and text conversation with Frank and his staff and they ALWAYS come through. There's no smoke blown up your butt with them.

Regarding the later stick antennas on the H. The antennas are for the 2.4 frequency, just as the earlier exposed "wires" are. Those were not simply wires, but standard 2.4 receiver antennas, the same as used on current 2.4 RC radio systems. They are a tuned length, just as the stick antennas are. In effect they are no different, one just has a fancier look. I believe the stick antennas were added simply to make people feel good since both the wire and stick Omni antennas have to be tuned the same to function correctly. The stick antennas just have the wire length concealed inside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought mine from B&H. I have always used them for high price items and for all my photography gear. I like their customer service better. They recently processed a difference in the H pro price when it was listed for less in amazon.
My H was a pro version order second week of November and it has the small tubes parallel to the landing gear for the receiver antenna.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrichesin