Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Where's the camera setting thread?

Reaction score
I promise to bookmark it if someone finds it. I couldn't.

My video recently on Lake Huron turned out pretty good I thought using manual settings (probably just got lucky), but need some guidance on how best to determine optimal settings for various lighting conditions.

Also, I'm becoming convinced filters are good to have in brighter sunlight. Prove me wrong; it wouldn't be hard.

Thanks.

I'm a novice as well but here's my 2 cents..........Filters a must in bright light. I use an ND8 and ND4 for not so bright. Just got a Freewell CPL which I haven't tried yet.
I now shoot everything in 4K 24fps. The detail is fantastic. I'm generally around 1/60 to 1/100 sec with an ISO of 200-600 depending of the light. WB locked is a must.

Reactions: Mike_Flys
I'm a novice as well but here's my 2 cents..........Filters a must in bright light. I use an ND8 and ND4 for not so bright. Just got a Freewell CPL which I haven't tried yet.
I now shoot everything in 4K 24fps. The detail is fantastic. I'm generally around 1/60 to 1/100 sec with an ISO of 200-600 depending of the light. WB locked is a must.
That's pretty much what I do except I use a lower ISO sometimes with a slower shutter speed maybe iso at 100/150 and exposure time (Shutter Speed) of 1/30. It all depends on the conditions. On each flight I play with the settings until I find what looks best. For stills I may take the same shot with 3 or 4 different settings and combine them as an HDR in editing.

I try to shoot mostly early morning or Sunset.
For middle of the day ND filters are a must.
I never use auto white balance. Always let it adjust to what I like and lock it or use one of the presets.

13528199_1216853205022320_772598207948724312_o.jpg

I generally only shoot pics of sunsets but the difference in the skys colors from North/South to west was very drastic so I shot this video.

That's pretty much what I do except I use a lower ISO sometimes with a slower shutter speed maybe iso at 100/150 and exposure time (Shutter Speed) of 1/30. It all depends on the conditions. On each flight I play with the settings until I find what looks best. For stills I may take the same shot with 3 or 4 different settings and combine them as an HDR in editing.

I try to shoot mostly early morning or Sunset.
For middle of the day ND filters are a must.
I never use auto white balance. Always let it adjust to what I like and lock it or use one of the presets.

I generally only shoot pics of sunsets but the difference in the skys colors from North/South to west was very drastic so I shot this video.
That is a beautiful shoot Mike. Thanks for the info.

Reactions: Mike_Flys
I'm putting together a CGO3+ vid on basic photography video settings to achieve vids that are quality looking. Hope to have it out by the weekend (just have to find time to edit it together).

That would be great. My videos are hit and miss it seems particularly in bright sunlight, and I forget what I did for nice looking videos. The P4 isn't perfect either BTW, and although Auto may be better I can manage to make them look pretty bad.

I will watch your video 17 times as they say that's the number required to actually remember something :)

It's important for me to get this down because in a week or two we'll be going to Oscoda, Michigan on Lake Huron for my daughter's graduation pictures with her horse. After the photographer is done, I want to do some shots with my copters, a sort of "Black Stallion" moment on the beach.

One year ago I didn't care much about video stuff.

Need a video like this in English

In one week I'm headed to Oscoda beach on Lake Huron to do some video/pictures and am trying to get everything right.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval