Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Which updates am I supposed to use.

Reaction score
Okay I'm a new H Pilot just purchased my H the 480 version about a week and a half ago I sat down last night and went to update the the craft the ST-16 and the camera in the gimbal I believe that the H the craft itself is had updated it's going great the camera I've gotten updated I haven't attempted the gimbal yet but the ST-16 now when I turned it on it's like somebody's holding the throttle up in the up position and it's pegged out on its transmitter and you can't get that to stop until you shut off the compass it says it's got a compass failure some kind of lost and not sure where to go once I turn off the once I turn off the compass the alarm or the the alert goes away from the drone but the ST-16 is still pegged out like somebody's holding the throttle up also the gimbal is rotating constantly in a clockwise position no matter where the pan dial is set it is it still rotates the entire time it won't stop rotating please help me..

You have listed several problems so I'll start with the firmware versions.
Go to Settings and then About on the ST16.
Compare the firmware versions to the pic below:

Attachments

• Latest_2017-06-30-22-11-26.png
    Latest_2017-06-30-22-11-26.png
    102.5 KB · Views: 28
There are no FW updates for the Typhoon H and its ST16 since 2017. Are you really sure that a FW update is needed? I doubt.

I do not understand what you describe. Can you please make it more clear?
With so many problems for a new Typhoon H I would contact the seller.

If you want to debug by yourself, you should go on step by step. We have tree more or less independent systems running:
- RC ST16,
- drone,
- camera.

First check the ST16:
Start with output monitor at the ST16 to check if all signals are as it should be. You can also send us the flight logs for diagnosis.
Did you have already created a new model and bound the drone and the cam to it? This would be my first approach.

The drone:
Remove the camera to exclude all the stuff related to cam. Check sensors, motors and functionality of the drone using the GUI program on PC. Then check all behaviour of the drone related to commands from ST16.

The camera:
If all is OK with ST16 and drone, put the cam back to the drone and check the functions of the gimbal. If the cam still rotating check the pan mode switch. Is it in upper position?

Report your problem related to the affected systems and clearly describe what you have done. Don't hesistate to ask if you have question (What is GUI, how go to output monitor and so on)?

A good source of knowledge: https://yuneecpilots.com/attachments/wtfdproject-rev80-pdf.25490/

br HE

OK, now I saw the picture from HW monitor. Question all sticks centered? If so, the sticks are all out of order.
I cannot say what that is, never saw such an effect. Maybe all connections are broken inside the ST16 gimbals.

You can try a stick calibration. Please make sure that all sticks and slider are in middle position while start calibration.

br HE

There are no FW updates for the Typhoon H and its ST16 since 2017. Are you really sure that a FW update is needed? I doubt.

If you want to debug by yourself, you should go on step by step. We have tree more or less independent systems running:
- RC ST16,
- drone,
- camera.

First check the ST16:
Start with output monitor at the ST16 to check if all signals are as it should be. You can also send us the flight logs for diagnosis.
Did you have already created a new model and bound the drone and the cam to it? This would be my first approach.

The drone:
Remove the camera to exclude all the stuff related to cam. Check sensors, motors and functionality of the drone using the GUI program on PC. Then check all behaviour of the drone related to commands from ST16.

The camera:
If all is OK with ST16 and drone, put the cam back to the drone and check the functions of the gimbal. If the cam still rotating check the pan mode switch. Is it in upper position?

Report your problem related to the affected systems and clearly describe what you have done. Don't hesistate to ask if you have question (What is GUI, how go to output monitor and so on)?

A good source of knowledge: https://yuneecpilots.com/attachments/wtfdproject-rev80-pdf.25490/

br HE

- RC ST16,
- drone,
- camera.

First check the ST16:

The drone:

The camera:

br HE
Okay well like I said begin with I am new at this so if I'm not describing something well enough for something like that I apologize but I'm telling you the best I can from what I know and the link that you had for the unique attachments is no good it says it's a it can't be found I took the camera off of the drone I created a new model and and bound it. J1 is all the way up and it is not sluggish it's either on or off just barely moving the stick takes it on or off just barely moving the stick J2 I'm getting nothing on it's pegged out as well all the way up j3 j4 all the way down and I get nothing out of them when I move the stick The k1 which is the camera pan dial is still all the way to the right and it moves none whenever I turn the dial My firmware is right I mean that my ST16 stays this way whether it's connected to the drone or not I don't think there's anything wrong with the drone at all it seems to be picking up everything just fine

Okay well like I said begin with I am new at this so if I'm not describing something well enough for something like that I apologize but I'm telling you the best I can from what I know and the link that you had for the unique attachments is no good it says it's a it can't be found I took the camera off of the drone I created a new model and and bound it. J1 is all the way up and it is not sluggish it's either on or off just barely moving the stick takes it on or off just barely moving the stick J2 I'm getting nothing on it's pegged out as well all the way up j3 j4 all the way down and I get nothing out of them when I move the stick The k1 which is the camera pan dial is still all the way to the right and it moves none whenever I turn the dial My firmware is right I mean that my ST16 stays this way whether it's connected to the drone or not I don't think there's anything wrong with the drone at all it seems to be picking up everything just fine
Communication problems go both ways. We will learn how to communicate with each other quickly enough. If we recommend something you don't understand, just let us know and we will clarify.

You mentioned you have had the drone for about a week and a half. Was everything working normally before you did the update?

See if this link will work. The document is a PDF at the bottom of the linked post:
"Way To Fix Drones project"

You don't have to be a drone expert to use punctuation and paragraphs.
True. We have very knowledgeable members all over the world and lack of grammar and punctuation makes translation near to impossible.

Communication problems go both ways. We will learn how to communicate with each other quickly enough. If we recommend something you don't understand, just let us know and we will clarify.

You mentioned you have had the drone for about a week and a half. Was everything working normally before you did the update?

See if this link will work. The document is a PDF at the bottom of the linked post:
"Way To Fix Drones project"
Ok lol I lied. The only problem I'm currently having is my J3

Were the potentiometers on the control gimbals cleaned with plastic safe contact cleaner before doing the calibration?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval