Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

White Flash on video

CraigCam

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
So it seems that OBS and the camera have an issue. I don't use OBS often unless I'm flying in canyons or up a mountain. So with the rains here, we've got some mountain streams active (and overly active and tragic in some places) and the Ocotillos have put out there leaves. Yesterday I had a flight into a small canyon and had OBS on. Later, while reviewing the footage, I saw two instances of a white flash of light that's about a frame long. I've had this happen before but did not know why. I believe that OBS sends a pulse of light as one of it's warnings? Unfortunately, I've never noticed it happen on the H as I'm typically looking at the screen and the H while carefully maneuvering around a tight area.

Anyone else experienced this phenomenon?
I can edit around it potentially but my main love of the H is the amount of quality smooth video I get with no glitches so I'm curious why this happens.

Later, while reviewing the footage, I saw two instances of a white flash of light that's about a frame long. I've had this happen before but did not know why. I believe that OBS sends a pulse of light as one of it's warnings?

I don't think so, Craig. Don't believe there's any connection between OA and the camera. The only recorded video flashes I have had over time were from the Sun angle (which also affects OA), but I'm sure you would have known had that been your case. Baffling...

I get that but it's like the pod lights flash or I've got a moment of white balance loss where the frame exposes to full white. The reason I bring up the OBS is it does change the status of the front lights to blinking and I've had instances of OBS confusion where I got a errant warning so turned off OBS but the H behaved like it was still on. That happened yesterday with the classic won't descend issue that many have experienced here and led to crashes.
Of course all the horror stories here entered my mind but rather than continue trying something it would not do (descend) I opted to give it some rabbit and goose it up. That cleared whatever OBS quasi still on weirdness I was experiencing and I got back full control. I opted to keep OBS off after that. The two flashes happened during my next pass. I'll try to post the moment later today.

Last edited:
I have just a white flash on one of my shots. I think it just one of those things that happen ...... occasionally.

Did you go back and find it post? I shoot at 60 frames and I can find the spot and it's so quick but I see it on the St when it happens.

Could it be the camera "switching gears" so to speak?

Possibly. The CGO3+ does have issues holding lock on white balance. This is a newer camera and it looks like a flash is going off to my eye. Hence the motor pod light and OBS anomalies inquiry. The pod lights are not multi color and this does only happen when the camera is pointed straight ahead where the closest lights are white. Considering they blink during OBS, my thought is this odd flash is those pod lights giving me a warning that's not known or discussed. If it was a camera issue with sensor etc.. I'd expect it more often. So I'm wondering if anyone has observed the H "blink" it's lights like maybe a compass warning is not just limited to main status light?

Craig,

I have noticed a "flash" in a few videos, one in particular.

I was taking some video of a local park that had sustained significant damage (downed trees) from a widespread storm. Whittling about 40 minutes down to about 2, the finished video included a brief flash. It was so brief, it almost seemed like a flash of lightning. Since I had added a soundtrack of heavy rain and then thunder, along with the video being shot in heavy overcast conditions, seemed appropriate to leave it in!

I have noticed this same type of flash in other video clips since then. However, I can guarantee it is NOT the obstacle avoidance, as the H I have been using for these clips does not have OBS.

Jeff

I have had this problem with two cameras now where you get a random frame which is much brighter or darker than the rest of the video. The first was replaced in warranty. The replacement one worked fine until just recently. I am returning that one today. It is definitely a problem with the camera. Yuneec has agreed to cover it again even though I am just past the 1 year warranty.
I wondered if the problem could be related to the slip ring in the gimbal, but I think only power and PWM tilt signal are conducted through it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio