Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Who in the UK is flying for the bloodmoon / eclipse ?

Reaction score
That's all kicking off in about 4 hours if you're in the UK. Anyone tempted to get a flyer up there to record the red moon ? People who live here will know we are approaching the end of a 20-day heatwave, and there are some storms circling, although the BBC says there is just 11% chance of rain in the bit where filming could happen...

Anyone got a plan to do that ? :) I am sitting on the fence personally, and know / fear the consequences of getting caught in the rain with a Typhoon. Although I do see I have 2 packs for the TH ready to go if I'm gonna go for it... so... would you ? Or do you think it's a massive waste of time because of the miniscule size that the moon appears in our footage ? I guess even in 'once in a lifetime' events like this , it might not be worth doing if the only difference in the footage is that 4 pixels that were white normally, are now slightly pink ! :) I think I've talked myself out of this !

Last edited:
Yep, even if I'd wanted to record that, there was cloud everywhere, and not the slightest sign of a moon, red or otherwise in a sky at all :)
And now there are 40 mph winds so no flying today either !

Just seen this thread so a bit late to the table...

Nope. Given how large the moon would be in footage taken with a CGO3+ I wouldn't bother. As it turned out hardly anybody got to see it anyway because of the cloud cover. I live in the North of England and it certainly couldn't be seen from here.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmsmindspace