Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Who owns H920 in the USA

@Biztruth are you suffering from the 7 minute low battery warning? I am charging up 6 batteries to test in a few hours.

No, actually I get the full 20min before the warning light comes on the ST16..! At least for now, I've only flown it about three times since I purchased it..!

No, actually I get the full 20min before the warning light comes on the ST16..! At least for now, I've only flown it about three times since I purchased it..!

Thats good news for you. I am getting the 7 minute flight time, not good.

I've been thinking about that ultra short flight time problem and for me it keeps coming back to the age of the batteries. Lipo's are limited in two ways, number of cycles and age. On an average they are good for a couple hundred cycles or a couple years on an either/or basis. Since the 920 was originally released in 2015 it's possible the "factory" battery supply for the 920 was only a single production run, with all the batteries now being sold coming from the original two year old inventory. If that's the case then all the new batteries are pretty much done the day you received them.

There's a company named Max Amps in Spokane, WA that makes extremely high quality lipo battery packs. A quote from their site is pasted below:
"We are the number one manufacturer of custom LiPo batteries for RC hobby and commercial grade quadcopters and rc vehicles. MaxAmps Lipo batteries are the best way to upgrade your DJI and Traxxas batteries. We can custom build with any voltage or capacity you require and we use only the freshest LiPo cells."

From personal experience I know they have been used to power military grade UAV's to test the possibility of converting from gas engine power to electric power and proved themselves as a very capable battery. They are not the least bit cheap, but very reliable and they will make custom packs. I have used them in the past to make and ship some large lipo's on short notice in order to meet a time critical demonstration. They always come through. They are a possible alternative to aged Yuneec inventory. Pricey, but possibly worth it.

Hard to believe most of us to ldid the upgrade are having the exact same issue. I have 8 batteries and I will test them all to see if the issue is with them all.

If all the batteries came from the original batch lot it's very possible. They would all be of the same age and chemistry. They have not sold very many 920's so it's doubtful they've done more than one battery production run.

I think you are being optimistic, there are other users in the UK that have bought brand new non yuneec batteries and have the same issue

That changes the theory considerably. Perhaps those experiencing the problem establishing what batteries are in use would be helpful.

I recently purchased the H920 plus along with 12 batteries. Finally got a chance to fly this thing a few weeks back (I’m one of the unlucky ones that had one of the props fly off and still have on going issues even since I’ve received it back from Yuneec). 2 of the batteries I had to send back. One wouldn’t charge at all and the other puffed up quite a bit on initial charge. I’ve yet to fly with the two new ones, but I have flown with the other 10. I haven’t flown with three batteries, but I’ve noticed that it does not matter if I have the extra weight of the camera (CGO4) or not, I get roughly 10 minutes flight time.

Yes, that’s when I get the low battery warning. For me personally, I would be very hesitant to keep flying it beyond the low battery warning. Sure, we know it will do it, but if something happens (especially if you fly commercially)......If Yuneec says it’s safe to keep operating it until a certain voltage & they say to ignore the warning, I would get that in writing.

I agree, the written approval would come in mighty handy if one went down for low voltage cut off.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval