Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Wifi conflict

Reaction score
I am new to the drone world. I had my Typhoon H plus for three days and everything was flying well. Then on the ST-16S, it showed Update available, so I put a fresh fully charged battery in the drone and turned it on and pushed the update. The download to the ST-16S took about an hour. The ST-16S then said to update the drone. The progress dial then went to 2% and stopped. I knew it was a large file so I waited for about an half hour before going back to check on the progress. It was still at 2%. I waited another half an hour and there was still no movement. Thinking something got stuck in the transfer I tried to turn the drone off. The on/off was not working so I took out the battery. I know all of you are going to say, "that was my first mistake". Also the dealer whom sold me the drone latter insisted that there was a warning not to turn off the drone. Well there was no warning and nothing was progressing at the time. I put the battery back in the drone and turned it back on. All the lights came on and I tried to update the drone again. To make a long story short need to say after three hours of trying to figure out what was going on with the update the function of the drone was getting less and less to the point at the end I had nothing working except the camera. I took the drone back to the dealer and he has been working with it for the last two weeks with help from Yuneec in Germany. After some checking, they could not find any of the programmings for the drone in the brain. There was no old program and no new program and everything was lost. After two weeks of back and forth they flashed the brain and got the new update into the computer of the drone. Whew half working. Now for the ST-16S, also the program is messed up or maybe there is a problem with the circuits? Who knows. After thinking for a few days of what happened and the steps that I took I remembered something. First I was doing this in my house next to my home PC. I had a strong wifi connection. 2nd at some point I saw that instead of connecting to the drone the S-T16S had paired with my HP printer. So I guess now with the upgrade to the printer I can fly it for photos only? :eek:. What the people who are trying to fix the problem are saying is "that due to the connection to the printer the program tried to update the printer and not the drone. Because of this, there was no programming in the drone because it erased it before it installed the new version. Due to the interruption of the printer, it was not able to upload the new software. Somewhere along the line, something went wrong in the ST-16S". Now they are trying to correct this problem and probably have to change the ST-16S. Because I live in Israel this will maybe take two weeks for the back and forth. The factory has never heard or seen this problem so they are trying to research how this happened and the fixes as we go. Sorry I have no screenshot or data for you. The drone is at the dealer for the past two and half weeks. Any input would be appreciated.

Sorry to read of your troubles. Very frustrating indeed.

Doubt very much anything was trying to update the printer. What happened is the ST16s found the printer on your network and somehow decided to connect to it. All that did was interrupt the update, nothing else.

We all should be familiar with warnings such as “...updating... do not turn off your computer.” Same thing here.

Not sure why the ST16s is being so difficult to restore. Factory reset should do it if only to restore the operating system to its native state. “Adding” the ST16s controller software should be relatively easy, even if necessary to transfer from an SD card first.

Good luck with your endeavors.

Jeff

update. Well, it took the factory dealer here in Israel 3 weeks to get the files from Yuneec to bring the drone back to life. In the end the controller needed to be sent back to Germany to be repaired so they sent a replacement controller and I am flying again.

Reactions: rdonson

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NetsolWater