Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

WiFi disconnects

Reaction score
So, was testing the camera again today after some issues with losing wi-fi.
Every time I boot up it takes 2 - 3 mins nefore I get the wifi and FPV. However during flying the camera was working fine, that was until I tried CCC again which was wher I was having problems yesterday.
I set up the waypoints, the first being just 20 yardsd away and a second maybe 150 yards.
Started the video, started to fly the wire and then lose wifi. Brought it back near me and it just hung trying to reconnect. Landed and the camera connected again. I tried ccc again and the same issue not more than 150 yds away and with clear line of sight?

So, was testing the camera again today after some issues with losing wi-fi.
Every time I boot up it takes 2 - 3 mins nefore I get the wifi and FPV. However during flying the camera was working fine, that was until I tried CCC again which was wher I was having problems yesterday.
I set up the waypoints, the first being just 20 yardsd away and a second maybe 150 yards.
Started the video, started to fly the wire and then lose wifi. Brought it back near me and it just hung trying to reconnect. Landed and the camera connected again. I tried ccc again and the same issue not more than 150 yds away and with clear line of sight?
When lift off , are you getting the flashing green/white or purple /white led(angle mode) status? Or is it a solid color? Will only work in CC, poi, etc with good GPS?

If you continue to have issues with that, call Yuneec tomorrow and let them walk you through a check list on your settings, that's all I would suggest, I hope you get it squared away real soon !:)

I'm also getting random disconnects, It has happened 300 ft away and 10 ft away, I'm wondering if it is because of the lower 5.8 output for the EU firmware.

Look at the center wire on your mushroom antenna. If it is crooked or bent over it will act like that.

Ok go into the ST16 system settings, make sure the cog pro is selected in camera select then go to bind and tell me what you see there

Reactions: OnTheRopes
OK
Waited for camera to connect.
Went to System Settings
CGO3P was selected but was still available below to select if that makes sense.
Selected and hit Bind. Had to re-enter password, got Connection failed
Got blue flashing LED then connection failed again.
Hit the back button and camera still working

Camera still working, as in it's fixed?
No
It works fine most of the time, but when flying CCC it disconnects wifi and then the camera does not come back by which I mean no FPV or anything
When I said Camera still working I was referring to followingDragonflyers suggestion above where I did not lose wifi, just messed with settings

Reactions: DroneClone
Call Yuneec tomorrow at 8 AM PST and they will do everything to get you connected again, it's very strange it does it only in CCC and other poi settings ! Does the CCC actually fly the route?

Is the camara still recording while wifi is dropping nout?

Next as you look down at the ST16 which side is the mushroom antenna on? Right or left?

Well just been out. First tried a distance flight while recording. managed to get out to around 3700 feet, wifi became erratic and the lag was so much that it was difficult to control pan or tilt.
Then tried a ccc flight and managed to video the flight this time
On another flight I lost wifi at around 400feet so I really don't know what it is.
Took another long flight and took a few stills at distance.
Next as you look down at the ST16 which side is the mushroom antenna on? Right or left?
Mushroom on the right, I have just ordered one of these Yuneec Typhoon H LHCP with the 14dB upgrade, see if it helps or will I need the camera antenna

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval