Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Will the Typhoon H fly on 4 motors?

For a few seconds, I thought the thing was going to fly perfectly on 4 motors. It does appear it can hover on 4 motors, but can't remain stable. This means it could possibly perform a decent on 4 motors as long as it's coming straight down and not being flown from side to side.

For a few seconds, I thought the thing was going to fly perfectly on 4 motors. It does appear it can hover on 4 motors, but can't remain stable. This means it could possibly perform a decent on 4 motors as long as it's coming straight down and not being flown from side to side.
A possibility I hope I never need !

I thought I read some where that if you lost a motor/motors
the H would initiate an auto return to home??
But then I have read so much on the H past 2 weeks my eyes hurt.

It does seem to recognise an issue as the rear indicator light flashes red. Maybe it does want to RTH but you can override this?

After watching the video a few times and although it is hard to see it looks like Mr Ming has the controller in "Smart" mode. Looking carefully at the controller you can see clearly the second switch is down (the collision avoidance) one, but the one nearer the "smart /angle/ rth switch does look as if it is up in the "smart" mode. Going on from that with just 4 motors only it might make an effort to stay up at least for long enough to be able perhaps to get it down nearer the ground.

After watching the video a few times and although it is hard to see it looks like Mr Ming has the controller in "Smart" mode. Looking carefully at the controller you can see clearly the second switch is down (the collision avoidance) one, but the one nearer the "smart /angle/ rth switch does look as if it is up in the "smart" mode. Going on from that with just 4 motors only it might make an effort to stay up at least for long enough to be able perhaps to get it down nearer the ground.
That will drop it like a rock,or shall I say fly like one.can be and has been a critical mistake I know for Yuneec pilots.

Could be the machine recognizes and can deal with loss of motors,not start and take off,it could be in a different mode while in established flight?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval