Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Will yuneec go remote ID

Reaction score
Been watching this closely on some drone YouTube channels just wondering if yuneec is still interested in the drone market will it allow it's products to go remote ID I see today DJI has passed the test to allow it in the UK I personally think it's a *** good idea what's others thoughts on it regards to yuneec joining in or have they thrown the towel in on the drone side of it and just basing that on their parts stocks and batteries I have read on here

Is it it a UK requirement? Don't think it has to be retrofitted, so possibly a gradual phase in on new products, Dji might be the only one at the moment, plenty more need to follow. Personally i take Youtube with a pinch of salt. Some great articles and lots of Misinformation too.

@Mrgs1 "Is it it a UK requirement?"
It'll be a EASA/EU requirement in accordance to the new rules for UAS. Everything above 250g has to be registered and for the next heavier class a remote identification of the owner/operator must be possible - how, that's not regulated yet, but DJI made a first step to be in accordance of the new rule sets. Droniq, a joint venture of German ATC and Telekom are also developing an ID system, but up to now, it seems to become a hook-on-device for retrofitting existing systems.
The basic regulation has been signed by all members of the EU and now they have to get it transferred into national law. Some aspects, like how to do the identification or the harmonization of the registration process are still unclear, but every responsible drone operator should keep an eye on the publications.

@Mrgs1 "Is it it a UK requirement?"
It'll be a EASA/EU requirement in accordance to the new rules for UAS. Everything above 250g has to be registered and for the next heavier class a remote identification of the owner/operator must be possible - how, that's not regulated yet, but DJI made a first step to be in accordance of the new rule sets. Droniq, a joint venture of German ATC and Telekom are also developing an ID system, but up to now, it seems to become a hook-on-device for retrofitting existing systems.
The basic regulation has been signed by all members of the EU and now they have to get it transferred into national law. Some aspects, like how to do the identification or the harmonization of the registration process are still unclear, but every responsible drone operator should keep an eye on the publications.
From what I've read, the UK may only adopt some of the regulations after Brexit, as it will leave EASA so will have to see what happens.
We are talking about EASA controlled airspace and not the airspace of the Member States of the European Union. However, with a Brexit, the United Kingdom will leave the single European Airspace and the EASA drone regulations will therefore not automatically apply. Future negotiations between the EU and the UK will have to resolve this matter and for the time being the current National regulations will apply. Most likely the UK will obtain a similar status as Iceland and Norway, who both have a working arrangement with EASA.

So, you're really leaving? ? Sorry, no offense! I'm sure you are as fed up as everyone involved into that Brexit drama.
Back to topic:
Yes, we'll see, how much GB will implement - I can only cite the actual releases and what's going on in EASA.
Perhaps, I'll have some more infos after 17th of December, when there'll be another symposium of the UAV association of German speaking countries.

So, you're really leaving? ? Sorry, no offense! I'm sure you are as fed up as everyone involved into that Brexit drama.
Back to topic:
Yes, we'll see, how much GB will implement - I can only cite the actual releases and what's going on in EASA.
Perhaps, I'll have some more infos after 17th of December, when there'll be another symposium of the UAV association of German speaking countries.
I would like to stay. It will cost me more to buy my parts from Germany. I have friends in Germany too, it's a fiasco.

Reactions: MartinC and APack
@PatR I don't want to take this thread to a political talk, but it's a fact, that the UK and Germany were the ones with a say in EU legislation - okay, and the French too ?. But by leaving, the UK will lose its voice and the dream of bilateral talks with single EU countries just can't happen due to unified laws for all member states. And to be honest, bilateral deals with the US won't be that nice for the UK, as the history has shown, as for Mr Trump only a good outcome for himself is a "great deal" - not caring about the "casualties". US investors are already targeting the UK's official health care system and want it to be open for the private market - and I could imagine, the British people wouldn't be that happy with a health care "American style". So the UK would be an easy target for all foreign interests just due to its size and standing in international markets.
In my opinion, the UK suffers the same evolution many countries, including Germany, are recognizing: the worldwide development is speeding up in a way, that's much too fast for people to hold up with and this causes fears about the future. People want to go back to the comfy past when "everything was clear". For Germany I can say, that we are lacking a real vision for the future - that's what I really miss. Chancellor Merkel lead the government "from behind" (some kind of "follow me, I'm right behind you" ?). There has been no discussion about how we want to go on, how to prepare for the upcoming challenges - same is for the EU. You can't unite without a statement about where you want to go. And without a plan, without the countries pulling on one rope, just trying to gain benefit for themselves, there is potential for disappointment and a wish to return to "safe haven". And then there are all the people with their simple answers: "everything was better the ol' days" - but it wasn't. But the challenges of the future will be much more challenging then everything in the past. We've become aware that endless growth on a limited planet won't play out, that due to more robots and AI there won't be full-time jobs for everyone, a climate change (man made or not) we have to adopt to and many, many more questions we don't have easy answers for. In my opinion, we would need some kind of Elon Musk or Steve Jobs, people with a vision for the future or even more, a talent to excite people to be innovative, not to be afraid of the future, talking about solutions and not only criticizing on everything going and gone wrong.
Okay, for not getting into politics or conquering this thread this has been a quite long foray ?. So, long story short, I can't see the Brexit becoming a success and I'm afraid there will be loosers on both sides ☹️. I like the UK for holidays and as business partner (many are prepared to move - partly or complete - if Brexit turns out to be a disadvantage) and I somehow feel like loosin' a "brother" in the European family - with all the differences in culture and the common history, there's always been a deeper connection in-between.
We'll see and hope for the best ?

Reactions: Rubik and SeeHigher
So my other point is has yuneec gave up on the drone market with lack of parts and battery supply problems

Been watching this closely on some drone YouTube channels just wondering if yuneec is still interested in the drone market will it allow it's products to go remote ID I see today DJI has passed the test to allow it in the UK I personally think it's a *** good idea what's others thoughts on it regards to yuneec joining in or have they thrown the towel in on the drone side of it and just basing that on their parts stocks and batteries I have read on here

I am curious to see what
Yu

I can't wait to see what
Yuneec does also
I love my Typhoon H 480

Hi, as Dronephotographer www.photo2be.com I am "very" involved via www.blf.se Swedish Picture suppliers association. The Swedish UAS regulations, which will correspond with EU regulations. Here's more info. They will be effective from July 2020. EU wide rules on drones published | Safe, secure and sustainable operation of drones | EASA
Best from Sweden

@PatR I don't want to take this thread to a political talk, but it's a fact, that the UK and Germany were the ones with a say in EU legislation - okay, and the French too ?. But by leaving, the UK will lose its voice and the dream of bilateral talks with single EU countries just can't happen due to unified laws for all member states. And to be honest, bilateral deals with the US won't be that nice for the UK, as the history has shown, as for Mr Trump only a good outcome for himself is a "great deal" - not caring about the "casualties". US investors are already targeting the UK's official health care system and want it to be open for the private market - and I could imagine, the British people wouldn't be that happy with a health care "American style". So the UK would be an easy target for all foreign interests just due to its size and standing in international markets.
In my opinion, the UK suffers the same evolution many countries, including Germany, are recognizing: the worldwide development is speeding up in a way, that's much too fast for people to hold up with and this causes fears about the future. People want to go back to the comfy past when "everything was clear". For Germany I can say, that we are lacking a real vision for the future - that's what I really miss. Chancellor Merkel lead the government "from behind" (some kind of "follow me, I'm right behind you" ?). There has been no discussion about how we want to go on, how to prepare for the upcoming challenges - same is for the EU. You can't unite without a statement about where you want to go. And without a plan, without the countries pulling on one rope, just trying to gain benefit for themselves, there is potential for disappointment and a wish to return to "safe haven". And then there are all the people with their simple answers: "everything was better the ol' days" - but it wasn't. But the challenges of the future will be much more challenging then everything in the past. We've become aware that endless growth on a limited planet won't play out, that due to more robots and AI there won't be full-time jobs for everyone, a climate change (man made or not) we have to adopt to and many, many more questions we don't have easy answers for. In my opinion, we would need some kind of Elon Musk or Steve Jobs, people with a vision for the future or even more, a talent to excite people to be innovative, not to be afraid of the future, talking about solutions and not only criticizing on everything going and gone wrong.
Okay, for not getting into politics or conquering this thread this has been a quite long foray ?. So, long story short, I can't see the Brexit becoming a success and I'm afraid there will be loosers on both sides ☹. I like the UK for holidays and as business partner (many are prepared to move - partly or complete - if Brexit turns out to be a disadvantage) and I somehow feel like loosin' a "brother" in the European family - with all the differences in culture and the common history, there's always been a deeper connection in-between.
We'll see and hope for the best ?
Addressing remote identification first. If and when it becomes law, if Yuneec is still in the drone manufacturing business at that time, then it will have to adopt the technology into its products. But legislation rarely works in retrograde, so products manufactured before it becomes law are unlikely to have to be retrofitted with a remote ID device.

As for the UK leaving the EU. We are leaving the EU because the EU is undemocratic and run by super rich globalist elites who are pushing a one size fits all global agenda. Former PM David Cameron went to the EU before we had our referendum and asked the EU to make proper meaningful and democratic reforms. The EU turned around and stuck 2 fingers up to the UK (1 finger, if you live in the USA) and would have none of it. And it wasn't as if we were asking for that much either. Just changes to the free movement of people laws and each member state taking back control of their own borders was the crux of it. But the EU is not run by any type of democratic process. It's laws are made by a 'council of ministers'. These people are elected by no-one and are accountable to no-one. Yes, there is a European parliament, but it is a puppet parliament. It has no real power to make or repeal legislation. And it costs the European taxpayer a fortune! The EU is also protectionist. All goods and raw materials coming into the EU from outside of the EU are levied with a 23% tax. Once the UK has left the EU, we will no longer have to levy that charge, making 75% of our imports and raw materials 23% cheaper. That will be a considerable competitive advantage for the UK and also drive our cost of living down.

As for us trading with the EU and indeed the EU trading with the UK after we have left. I think you will see a pretty amicable trade deal coming about and pretty **** quickly. As I walk down my street all I can see are German, French, Italian and Spanish cars parked on the front of most peoples houses. That's a lot of EU jobs on the line if we don't get a good deal. In fact the UK is the biggest buyer of German cars in the entire EU. I think if Germany, France and Italy had the opportunity to have their own referendums (You've got no-chance of the powers that be ever letting that happen by the way) on whether to stay in or leave the EU, I think they would all vote to leave also. What has become known as the EU, should have remained a 'Common Market', a group of trading nations. As soon as it became political, it was doomed.

Addressing remote identification first. If and when it becomes law, if Yuneec is still in the drone manufacturing business at that time, then it will have to adopt the technology into its products. But legislation rarely works in retrograde, so products manufactured before it becomes law are unlikely to have to be retrofitted with a remote ID device.

As for the UK leaving the EU. We are leaving the EU because the EU is undemocratic and run by super rich globalist elites who are pushing a one size fits all global agenda. Former PM David Cameron went to the EU before we had our referendum and asked the EU to make proper meaningful and democratic reforms. The EU turned around and stuck 2 fingers up to the UK (1 finger, if you live in the USA) and would have none of it. And it wasn't as if we were asking for that much either. Just changes to the free movement of people laws and each member state taking back control of their own borders was the crux of it. But the EU is not run by any type of democratic process. It's laws are made by a 'council of ministers'. These people are elected by no-one and are accountable to no-one. Yes, there is a European parliament, but it is a puppet parliament. It has no real power to make or repeal legislation. And it costs the European taxpayer a fortune! The EU is also protectionist. All goods and raw materials coming into the EU from outside of the EU are levied with a 23% tax. Once the UK has left the EU, we will no longer have to levy that charge, making 75% of our imports and raw materials 23% cheaper. That will be a considerable competitive advantage for the UK and also drive our cost of living down.

As for us trading with the EU and indeed the EU trading with the UK after we have left. I think you will see a pretty amicable trade deal coming about and pretty **** quickly. As I walk down my street all I can see are German, French, Italian and Spanish cars parked on the front of most peoples houses. That's a lot of EU jobs on the line if we don't get a good deal. In fact the UK is the biggest buyer of German cars in the entire EU. I think if Germany, France and Italy had the opportunity to have their own referendums (You've got no-chance of the powers that be ever letting that happen by the way) on whether to stay in or leave the EU, I think they would all vote to leave also. What has become known as the EU, should have remained a 'Common Market', a group of trading nations. As soon as it became political, it was doomed.
I think you'll find globalist elites are pretty much the Tory party. Where is Rees Mogg now a days, back in his cage? Negotiations won't conclude for years, there will 100s of agreements to negotiate, it would be a naive person to think differently, oh yes the public were told in 2016, "A deal will be easy as pie" don't see much progress!

Reactions: SeeHigher
Ren57,

Your post aligns almost perfectly with the view of a couple of Greek maritime engineers shared with me over coffee one morning in Sicily. They also weren’t very happy about how EU association had decimated their economy, which experienced sort of a Robin Hood situation in reverse, and independent immigration policies.

Reactions: Ren57
As for remote ID: it’s much too easy to install a battery powered after market ID and tracking system. PG&E has been using such for all the power line inspections conducted by drones. There’s really no reason for Yuneec, or anyone else, to retrofit anything. Should a law require operators to employ remote ID they could easily be required to obtain such a device on their own. Pretty much how our FAA has handled the ADS-B situation. If you want to fly in that airspace, you get to foot the bill for parts, installation, and certification.

I think you'll find globalist elites are pretty much the Tory party. Where is Rees Mogg now a days, back in his cage? Negotiations won't conclude for years, there will 100s of agreements to negotiate, it would be a naive person to think differently, oh yes the public were told in 2016, "A deal will be easy as pie" don't see much progress!
You don't see much progress because the majority in parliament are a bunch of rich liberal elite remainers, who can't stand the fact that the ordinary people would actually vote to leave. They all have vested interests in remaining in the EU. Why would deal take years? If we'd left 3 years ago (but the remainer parliament stopped us) a deal would've been done already. You can't negotiate with one hand tied behind your back. If the EU thinks we won't leave or we keep delaying leaving then yes, a deal will take years. Once we're out, there's no reason why a deal can't be done very quickly indeed... German, French and especially the the Italian economies are in crises and there's a real chance of an Italian banking crash coming very soon. When that happens, the majority of Italian dept is owed to German and French banks, that means the Euro currency will be over. Thank goodness we never joined the Euro currency....

You don't see much progress because the majority in parliament are a bunch of rich liberal elite remainers, who can't stand the fact that the ordinary people would actually vote to leave. They all have vested interests in remaining in the EU. Why would deal take years? If we'd left 3 years ago (but the remainer parliament stopped us) a deal would've been done already. You can't negotiate with one hand tied behind your back. If the EU thinks we won't leave or we keep delaying leaving then yes, a deal will take years. Once we're out, there's no reason why a deal can't be done very quickly indeed... German, French and especially the the Italian economies are in crises and there's a real chance of an Italian banking crash coming very soon. When that happens, the majority of Italian dept is owed to German and French banks, that means the Euro currency will be over. Thank goodness we never joined the Euro currency....
I think you'll find the clampdown on tax evasion, by the EU has an impact on the UK elite, and they needed to protect their interests at all costs. The trade negotiations have a possible high probability of failing, so only delaying a no deal Brexit by a year or so. But the EU may have the last laugh, well any country dealing with UK, now the WTO court has been shut down, with just a gentlemans agreement, everybody will abide by the rules, hard to see though, with most UK industry,services, sold off to international conglomerates.

Reactions: SeeHigher

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval