Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Will Yuneec open up the software development like DJI?

Yuneec should open up the software to 3rd party developers. The only reason not to is because they then have little control over Drone problems people report with the Typhoon H. They can't answer questions or provide support to a product they don't own.

DJI does allow 3rd Party software, but they watch it closely, yet if you have a crash using such software, you may not be covered. DJI used to allow 3rd party batteries, but they put a stop to that this year due to having no control over the type of batteries sold.

Yuneec really has to add more features to their existing software, especially in the camera department. I wish they would adjust the lighting transitions so that when you pan from bright object to darker object the lighting transitions are not so friggin apparent (you can actually count the number of times the screen increases the brightness... that is Kindergarten photography and should not happen). It needs to have slower lighting transitions. If we want it to be faster, than add the ability to touch the screen on a point in the shot where we wish the exposure to be set.

Also. Update the camera firmware to actually FORMAT the micro SD card while it is in the camera. Honestly, every camera I own has this feature. Why is it missing from this $1300 piece of technology?????

Finally, Add the ability to stream the video that is on the Micro SD, back to the ST16 so that the pilot can review what he just filmed or photographed. Again, every camera has a "PLAY BACK" feature. The Typhoon H should have this as well. It is a waste of time to have to land the Typhoon, remove the micro SD, still it in the ST16 just to be sure that what you photographed/recorded was as you wished. If other Drone companies can add such basic features, then Yuneec should be able to as well.

Captain you are coming down hard on Yuneec. Have you tried to talk to them? Some of your changes can be done with updates, others will need hardware improvements. Maybe start a list to be sent to the company as suggestions.

Captain you are coming down hard on Yuneec. Have you tried to talk to them? Some of your changes can be done with updates, others will need hardware improvements. Maybe start a list to be sent to the company as suggestions.
Lists have been made. Pleas have been plead. Yuneec is silent about everything; they came close to killing the H before it started. I recall watching a video where a Yuneec rep said there were no plans for 3rd party integration into the FC system.

Also. Update the camera firmware to actually FORMAT the micro SD card while it is in the camera. Honestly, every camera I own has this feature. Why is it missing from this $1300 piece of technology?????
Strange, all the micro SD cards I buy seem to come ready formatted. Can't understand what the fuss is all about!

I didn't think I was too hard. Just constructive observations of the obvious. Yuneec is well aware of these issues. They are not failings but rather just a lack of features that anyone with a camera in the past 5 years has found common place. In time Yuneec will add these much needed features.

Strange, all the micro SD cards I buy seem to come ready formatted. Can't understand what the fuss is all about!

That comment tells me you're kinda new to tech. No problem, that's what were all here for.

You low level format cards to:
- Erase files
- Fix a damaged File Registry
- Reset the file numbering system

I've never seen a camera that does not allow one to do this.

I'm a long time digital photographer. In my experience the best and safest way to erase files from your card is to format it in the camera. Most people I talk to do the same thing to avoid stuff like corrupted cards, files and lost images. I never trust a manufacturer formatted card on any of my cameras. I alway format a card when I put it in the camera (after using the camera review function to make sure I'm erasing the right card - another point CaptainDrone suggested).

EDIT:
Sorry Captain - guess we were typing at the same time.

The Chinese seem to forget how to understand the global consumer. We are the who that have allowed them to stand up and be recognized as an up and coming. If they don't watch out this new up start(Autel) will be eating into their market share. They already are matching the customer service with 7 day a week technical support, returns no question asked. Sent me a whole new quad and case just because the camera didn't work. I have had no problems with it. Wake up Yuneec don't sit on your laurels.

The Chinese seem to forget how to understand the global consumer. We are the who that have allowed them to stand up and be recognized as an up and coming. If they don't watch out this new up start(Autel) will be eating into their market share. They already are matching the customer service with 7 day a week technical support, returns no question asked. Sent me a whole new quad and case just because the camera didn't work. I have had no problems with it. Wake up Yuneec don't sit on your laurels.
Autel is a name I keep hearing more and more. I know very little about the company but it does seem like you get a lot of bang for the buck.

That comment tells me you're kinda new to tech. No problem, that's what were all here for.
What a condascending attitude you have. Thanks so much!
Far easier to do those things on my MacBook Pro, after I'ver downloaded the recorded files IMHO.

What a condascending attitude you have. Thanks so much!
Far easier to do those things on my MacBook Pro, after I'ver downloaded the recorded files IMHO.
I believe your previous comment speaks for itself. You came across as someone new to technology with your comment. My apologies if you took my response as condescending, was not my intent.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval