Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Wisconsin Pilot

Reaction score
Website
www.duffysaircraft.com
Hello Everyone, I am new to the forums and this is my first post. Today I placed an order for a Typhoon H Plus. This will be my first outdoor drone. I have micro toys that I fly throughout the lobby of my business during quiet times. I am a private pilot for airplanes and I do have my 107.

My main job is being a general manager at the local airport. I am really looking forward to using this aircraft for building roof inspections, runway light inspections, runway inspections, marketing videos for the flight school and using it to market airplanes for sale.

I am the test proctor for aviation exams including the drone 107 and recurrent exam at my testing facility at my airport. I am always happy to answer questions if anyone has any questions about taking the 107 exam. Sorry I don't have the answers for you.

I was initially thinking of putting off purchasing a drone for another year. However a friend purchased a Mavic Pro 2 and I got the bug again. The Yuneec brand seemed like a better fit for me then DJI. So here I am to learn more about things related to our aircraft.

Thank you for letting me be a part of this community.

Welcome aboard, the H+ is a fantastic bird, I don't have one , but I have a friend who owns one.
Here is an updated manual for the H+ if you don't already have one?

Attachments

• Typhoon_H_Plus_Manualv0.8 (2).pdf
    7 MB · Views: 6
Welcome to the Forum. Lots of great members and a good source of information that you won't find anywhere else.

Welcome to YuneecPilots!

You have a solid aviation background and will be a great addition to our community. Hope we can help with your journey of learning your Typhoon H Plus, it is a great aircraft.

I do have a question that you may have the answer to. You can register a UAS at 13 and you can test for a 107 certification at 16, but how old do you have to be to legally fly a UAV (in the USA and its territories) as a recreational UAS pilot?

Last edited:
Hello Everyone, I am new to the forums and this is my first post. Today I placed an order for a Typhoon H Plus. This will be my first outdoor drone. I have micro toys that I fly throughout the lobby of my business during quiet times. I am a private pilot for airplanes and I do have my 107.

My main job is being a general manager at the local airport. I am really looking forward to using this aircraft for building roof inspections, runway light inspections, runway inspections, marketing videos for the flight school and using it to market airplanes for sale.

I am the test proctor for aviation exams including the drone 107 and recurrent exam at my testing facility at my airport. I am always happy to answer questions if anyone has any questions about taking the 107 exam. Sorry I don't have the answers for you.

I was initially thinking of putting off purchasing a drone for another year. However a friend purchased a Mavic Pro 2 and I got the bug again. The Yuneec brand seemed like a better fit for me then DJI. So here I am to learn more about things related to our aircraft.

Thank you for letting me be a part of this community.
Do you still have to get FAA permission to fly near the airport?

Welcome to YuneecPilots!

You have a solid aviation background and will be a great addition to our community. Hope we can help with your journey of learning your Typhoon H Plus, it is a great aircraft.

I do have a question that you may have the answer to. You can register a UAS at 13 and you can test for a 107 certification at 16, but how old do you have to be to legally fly a UAV (in the USA and its territories) as a recreational UAS pilot?

There is really no official age. A person can learn to fly at any age. They just can't test for the license until they are the age the Federal Aviation Regulations require for the license they are pursuing. Also considering how readily toy R/C aircraft are available at stores like Target, Walmart and Amazon flight is easily accessible.

Reactions: DoomMeister
Do you still have to get FAA permission to fly near the airport?
I am located at an uncontrolled small city airport that does not have a tower so I don't need FAA permission as it is uncontrolled airspace. My biggest challenge is going to be the National Guard Armory across the street. I hope they don't freak out when I'm flying over the hangars adjacent to their property.

As far as the national guard, you may want to let them know you're buzzing around, unless there's restricted airspace around them, it should be ok.

Reactions: PiperCub

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmsmindspace